SCCA SOLO Rocks!!

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
Well I finally went to one of the solo autocross meets with the local SCCA chapter. It was AWSOME!! :nice:

I got to drive like a maniac without having to meet another fine officer of the law. I basically drove my girlfriends four door 99 Camery as fast as I could around the course laid out on an old runway and was shocked by how well it handled. Both me and my girfriend are hooked. I'm going to join the club and hope to have a racing helmets for me and her before the next event.

Next time I will try driving my 73 stang. I'm kinda nervious about driving it that hard but hey I'll get to see if all the modifications I've made were worth it. Of course I need to go out and learn how to drive it again first. I installed a tremec last summer and I am still not used to shifting a stick. I tend to spin out. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Ohh its fun! You will get addicted quickly before you know it you will be seeing city streets in a diffrent way and wondering how to hit the apex of your driveway and such. LOL Yes Its been too long since I've been to a autox and I think I have a screw loose. :D