Scott Drake "quality"

Scott Drake Products

WOW

I am floored, I have been using SD products for over ten years, and I have never, ever, had any of the troubles you are describing and I build a lot of cars. I have had a few failures on minor parts and a few fitment issues, which is part of the hobby or Business of repair/restoring cars with out factory parts. Sometimes the parts need a little message that is the Hobby/Business we choose,,,,, if you have ever restored a car that has no replacement parts available you really know what problems are.... I feel very lucky that our hobby has a man (Scott Drake) that put forth his life to make and sell parts for our hobby (his Also) .... You can say what you want but he is one of the major driving influences in the classic Mustang parts business.

I invite anyone with problems to contact me and I will try to help the best I can. But first always try your dealer that you bought it from. They should be able to assist.
I find the Management at SD is 100 Percent responsive/supportive and easy to deal with. However attitude by the dealer is the key to all issues.

That's about all I have to say if you need assistance email me at [email protected] or call me during business hours 760 598 9667.

But remember you should always go to the shop you bought the part from. Try them first me second, and in some cases I might have to tell you there is no help to give. I will be honest and try to explain what happen,,,

To the originator of this thread

Contact me with a list of what you have... I could be the buyer

We have talked

Scotty
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

There's a lot of Drake parts on this car:

AC005a.jpg

First impressions being what they are, this emblem was the first and last SD part I've ever purchased. Once I saw the difference in the "G" between the SD product and the original, I made the obvious deduction that their quality control is lacking, at best. This is not a defective part, it's a deffective mold (they're all that way). If you don't know, then maybe it won't bother you. If you do know, it won't stop bothering you.

But remember you should always go to the shop you bought the part from. Try them first me second, and in some cases I might have to tell you there is no help to give. I will be honest and try to explain what happen,,,

To the originator of this thread

Contact me with a list of what you have... I could be the buyer

We have talked

Scotty
:flag:
I know we've talked. I was also a dealer. You don't think all those problems came from one car did you ? And you think between this forum and the other with all the problems posted by others, think that people will believe you have never had any of these problems ? Even 2+2GT here has seen enough of the sending unit problems he spoke to SD about it. You have NEVER had a sending unit go out in 10 years huh ? Or ANY of the other problems anyone here has described ? :bs:

This car has a lotta Drake parts on it:
Same response as the other forum for ya
Who cares ? I mean really ? Is posting a picture of a car supposed to imply it's good quality or it won't fail because of the car it's on ? Just as pointless as posting a picture of a door saying it fits AFTER paint. Come on.

Again how far away ? 2nd pic down, passenger side,the top body line at the front of the door to the fender. That is not a nice line at all. Even from that distance you can see that. :shrug: Hows about I show you pics of my welds from the same distance and see if you can tell the difference between any of them.

Again how far away ? 2nd pic down, passenger side,the top body line at the front of the door to the fender. That is not a nice line at all. Even from that distance you can see that. :shrug: Hows about I show you pics of my welds from the same distance and see if you can tell the difference between any of them.

That's an illusion caused by reflected light from the window. The body line was actually perfect by the time that photo was taken. That's why it was pre-assembled.

Same car after paint:

AA4391.jpg

Lol, so you got a door to line up, in a thread about Scott Drake parts, when the pics aren't of SD parts.:lol: What was the point again ?

From the Mustang Forums
IIRC, they said that was a Golden Legion door, and a Dan Carpenter "original tool" fender. Much of the interior and exterior trim on the finished car was Drake, however.

I'm OK with that. Other companies send you out a new part when you tell them it's messed up or doesn't fThey diit. SD did that for me ONCE with some pics. I called on some headlight rings to cal msutang and told them one fit, one did not. You could see the obvious height difference. And the one that did fit look like it have been chewed on. They had no problem just sending me a set of new ones. This was about 3 weeks ago

Aaaaand ? If you could tell fit and finish of a car like that from pictures, or any other for that matter, you wouldn't ever hear about horror stories about online car purchases. Again, show me one in two years that will be driven unlike that one. Then lets see what the chrome looks like, if the carpet is purple, if the speedo bounces, or the regulator still works. Or our favorite, see if the fuel sending unit still works. Once again showing a pic of a freshly assembled car is only half of it. I'd cuss a little more at a regulator for not fitting and be fine with it if it lasted more than a week.

Aaaaand ? If you could tell fit and finish of a car like that from pictures, or any other for that matter, you wouldn't ever hear about horror stories about online car purchases. Again, show me one in two years that will be driven unlike that one. Then lets see what the chrome looks like, if the carpet is purple, if the speedo bounces, or the regulator still works. Or our favorite, see if the fuel sending unit still works. Once again showing a pic of a freshly assembled car is only half of it. I'd cuss a little more at a regulator for not fitting and be fine with it if it lasted more than a week.

You're a strange duck. I merely point out that Drake has some perfectly acceptable stuff, which I have seen and used, and now you want proof that I'm not lying, and that somehow the car photos I have posted are in reality crap junk cars that don't work right and won't hold up over time. I've had Drake parts on my personal car for many years. I suppose you could have some personal beef with Drake, but it's just not possible that every single part they make is crap.

Come to think of it…

I have thousands of dollars worth of parts I am no longer willing to sell. Either from having to replace it on a customer cars for free, or listen to people complain to me about it. I called and spoke to their sales manager who told I couldn't return the stuff because "they aren't a Walmart."

Do you sell parts from any other supplier?

You're a strange duck. I merely point out that Drake has some perfectly acceptable stuff, which I have seen and used, and now you want proof that I'm not lying, and that somehow the car photos I have posted are in reality crap junk cars that don't work right and won't hold up over time. I've had Drake parts on my personal car for many years. I suppose you could have some personal beef with Drake, but it's just not possible that every single part they make is crap.

Come to think of it…
If I have "beef", where does that put you? You could call it that I guess. The person trained on the other end to act like he has never hear of a problem, or say it was installed improperly. I've been working on them longer than most of their sale reps have had a driver license.

I never said "all", and I know for a fact I said and even pointed out a perfectly good example of what was clearly better than everyone else had to offer. I'm not asking for proof, I flat out know better. You can't prove to me otherwise, ever. You showed a pic like it's supposed to convince anyone of anything. I merely pointed out what will be wrong with the car within 2 years, out of the picture you showed. I can continue to go on with it. I had a new sales rep every year or so. Some green horn who would constantly drop the ball and screw things up. So bad in fact with one guy we called and had to complain to get him off our account. The last guy I did my last order with was on it. Wish I had him sooner. He even made a mistake, but was ON IT when we figured out the problem. Good by me. It took us some,.....a year to get our catalog after our buy in. Had to use their website which is less than useful. Type in the exact part as on their description, parts do not come up. How many man hours and dollars do you loose before saying enough is enough ? For every pic you show of something you think is nice from 10 feet away, I can tell you a minimum of two stories of broken parts. Sure I could get the customer on here as well who had the bad idler, AC kit, and 3 set of LED's installed. Yep, that and many other problems, all on the same car. Did you know the first LED kits they sold didn't even had resistors installed in them ? You had to figure out why when you wired it correctly, it still wouldn't work. I didn't know, so we had to pay some else to figure it...more money lost. Plus delays in delivery=pissed off customer. Do you now want to show the tail end of a California Special or Cougar now and say "Worked on this car ?"

Do you sell parts from any other supplier?
I try my hardest not to. I have one car in here I'm pretty much stuck buying parts for because he is out of the country. Many other customers I have been telling to bring in their own parts, no warranty on labor. I buy them for my GOOD customers that have been around long enough to see the problems with the parts, and they know better. I get them as a convenience for them, but that is IT. I just turned down doing LED's in a 70 cougar about a month ago. Told him why, but he already had the parts, so I gave him a number where to go. Funny thing about it all is, I am making more money now than I ever have. I'm not rich by any means. But I did pour more money into my company than I was able to draw the last two years combined. All because I cut back on restoration work. I still do it, but it is the center of conversation when a potential job comes in. I just stick to more mechanical and fab work. Fab is the only thing I can do and count on not to come back. That and gear installs.
There is NOTHING, I mean NOTHING better than having a car leave and get a call 5 min later telling you the part they just paid to install just broke. Nice. If you like, I can get other shop owners on here. Maybe to include one who almost had one of their KYB knock off dent the underside of a hood when it came loose because the eyelets was made too narrow. I say knock off because when I bought my KYB's online, that's how they described them when they called and asked if I wanted theirs instead. Got lucky on that one didn't I ?

Sour Grapes.:rolleyes:

I have been buying parts from Scott Drake for over 5 years and the cutomer service has always been fantastic. Maybe because I always deal with the same Rep? Sure some parts fit poorly, I have also recieved crap parts from Classic Industries, Ecklers, Year One, Ricks Camaro's, Summit, etc (for the brand X cars). I have also ordered Dynacorn parts from them that are not in their catalog. A lot of the parts that used to be crap has improved over time. Like any reputable business they take complaints seriously. I would like to think I played a hand in them now selling Totall Controll Products, R & P and suspension parts.:hail2: Because the Flaming River racks suck beyond comprehension. Yeah it sucks that so many parts are made in China, but SD does manufacture a lot of their own parts here in the USA.:flag: Unlike Mustangs Plus, who pissed me off, I will continue to buy parts form SD.

Hey 2+2, nice work on those cars.

When i worked for Ford, i used to use Pro Products.The stuff was made overseas, but 90% of the stuff is still on my car.The Scott Drake stuff I have used was no better in quality and was replaced usually within the year.

Funny you should mention Pro Products. Scott Drake bought Pro, lock, stock, and trademark rights, years ago. Just last year I saw a shipment of parts from Drake that had some Pro gas caps in it. This post brings us full circle back to the topic.

Hello my name is Joe Johnston, I am the Director of Sales and Marketing for Drake Automotive Group (Scott Drake). We are familiar with the owner of CPR Street Machines, we have been reviewing this thread and the other threads that cpr street machines has posted on this site and others.

“CPR” did request to return his current inventory to us. As part of our company policy and the standard of most company policies within our industry, we allow a stock adjustment return with an offsetting order. I offered this to "CPR" and he declined. We did however take an extra step to have a very satisfied dealer in the area contact "CPR" and offer to buy the product. Apparently "CPR" did not follow up with them.

We stock over 9,000 parts for Ford Mustangs! Of those we own thousands of proprietary tools for specific parts and also produce many parts off original Ford tooling. A necessary process yet in order to manufacture the best parts for these 40 year old cars. It’s an investment that must be made and we are and have been willing to make it. We manufacture many parts in the USA and overseas. We also carry products and distribute products from many other brand name manufacturers.

In many of our products you will see our name stamped or cast into the part to signify that it is in fact one of our parts made from our tooling. We also purchase and distribute parts from other manufacturers that make some parts for Mustangs, as well as restoration parts for Corvettes, Camaros and others. No different than other businesses. Many of these parts we carry are to help us compete in various different categories, price points and meet customer demands. We signify these parts in many cases buy listing them as “economy” or “show quality”. Our economy parts retail at a third to half as much of what a show quality part costs. Some customers have asked for these different levels in order to compete in the marketplace.

In instances where we have a defective part, we always stand behind our products. We are the ONLY manufacturer in the restoration market who offers a 30 day no questions asked warranty to consumers.

We have been in business over 30 years supporting Mustang enthusiasts thoughout the US, North America and around the world that love our parts just as much as we do. We take care of hundreds of happy customer’s everyday and support businesses both large and small around the world.

While we can’t make everyone happy all of the time, we still work very hard at it. In the case of "CPR" he is using this forum and others as a way to express his thoughts and opinions and he is certainly free to do so. We on the other hand will use our time and the input posted to improve upon our products and focus on future offerings for the Mustang community.

Thank you for our support!