scratched the roof to protect the visor

DrSmith

Sep 2, 2004
Maine
I keep the door opener in the seat next to me. I'm leaving today with my son in back, reach for the opener and put it in the cup holder. I now hear a scrape when I back out of the garage. I must have clicked it when I put it down. The scratches are not deep, will more than likely buff out. I would now be happy with the dent in the sun visor instead. Funny, I try to baby this car and I have never had this happen with a car before.
be well,
Doc

• Sponsors (?)

Never had a problem with putting opener on visor. No scratches, nothing. Just don't like the way it looks there.
I now have one of the homelink mirrors which control my opener.

Yes, my door did come down on the car, but bounced back up when it felt the resistance. It could have been much worse. I just have never known this to happen to anyone and it is funny to me that I baby this car. Why couldn't it have been my wife's car or my old truck??
Doc

My wife did the exact same thing a week after putting my gt500 spoiler on..got a couple of scratches on the underside of it..she is banned from driving the stang now lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Run a cord from the light on the opener motor down the wall next to your car with a red bulb. If that don't work, A Train airhorn might.
My opener makes to much noise to not hear it.

This should not happen.

Your safety beam (infrared) system located on each side of your garage door should be high enough so that your car (or children) break the beam as they pass through the door opening. If the door is coming down and the beam is broken, the door will reverse direction and go back up preventing damage or injury.

If you do not have a safety beam on your garage door system, then you should get one. It could save your childs life.