screwed on warranty work on my tr3650

helrazr

Apr 13, 2005
Regina
So I take my '01 Gt to a tranny shop 'cause it wont go into 1st unless I was stopped and 2nd gear would be notchy to shift and sometimes pop out of gear.
The daignosis was bad syncros. So the tranny rebuild ended up costing $1900 Cdn. But the a-holes at Lubrico warranty aren't paying for $960 of it because the only source for a sycro kit is thru Ford for a whopping $800 and they figure thats unreasonable. So my question is why I should have to pay for it. A warranty is a warranty right? Just wanted some feedback before I talk to a lawyer about it. Anyone have a similar problem? So for now; F U to Lubrico and F U to FoMoCo for screwing over '01-'04 Gt owners for using this POS tranny. I've read the Official tr3650 complaint thread (took awhile though). Thanks for any help. crapola

• Sponsors (?)

I'd lawyer up... they can't decide what is a reasonable price for parts when there is only one source

You payed for the warranty which I'm sure does cover tranmissions... so they have to be true to that, or plainly ask for the $$ returned in full plus damages for what you payed for the warranty (I'm sure they will abide by it then)

he is in canada...I believe the price on that. When I had to get my intake replaced it was about $900 for the part alone... (It had to be done there for warranty purposes or whatever). Also when I had to get the inserts for the cobra hood I got, I spent about $350 on them... we get screwed north of the border!!!

Did u call your warranty company to report the issues b4 you took it to the shop...

When I had a warranty like that, I had to have the shop call them to authorize the repairs b4 any work was performed on the car besides diagnosis...

Did u call your warranty company to report the issues b4 you took it to the shop...

When I had a warranty like that, I had to have the shop call them to authorize the repairs b4 any work was performed on the car besides diagnosis...

+1
My car is in the shop right now for trans. repairs. I did exactly what EPIKGT said, I called my warranty people first.