SCT chip settings - AODE 331

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
Hey guys,

I'm about ready to put this baby in the car: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=688786

Don is going to be burning a chip for me. What do you guys recommend for the idle setting. It needs to play happy with putting the car in gear, but also sound good at idle with the TF stage 2 cam. :D

I also don't know what the heck I will want the shift points set at. I used to manual shift the stock engine. So perhaps it doesn't matter that much. :shrug:

I'm thinking about having the rev limiter moved way out, and use the MSD box and change pills for a limiter.

• Sponsors (?)

Don started me off too great guy. Depends on your gears, i've been playing with my shift points alot lately, there are alot of settings for down shift, up shift converter lock up. Most of the time any gear under 3.55 the stock settings should be fine.

I have 3.73 and some trans work done so mine doesnt behave like a nice stock tune should.

Also depends on the power your making. When me car was stock 3.73 were great. Now that im around 330RWHP i wish i had 3.23's, especialy over the summer when ill be pushing 400+. The car accelerates so fast that you want to add some MPH to each shift point.

Again for the tune don with put in the axel ratio so that should help a little.