sct chip

ok heres the deal. i have a sct chip in my 93 stang witha 331, afr 185's, msd, 70mm tb, 73mm mass air, bbk x pipe, pullies, 30lb injectors, and alot of other stuff. I have spark knock from timing. I thought maybe it was gas but another tank of 93 from different gas station and the knock was still there. but if you pull the spout out of the distributor wherethe timing dosen't advance it will not have spark knock. i drove it a mile or so and took the rpms up to 5000 and nothing. it didn't make nearly enough power but no knock.

so can the sct chip be programmed to limited the total timing????

mine goes up to almost 40 degreees of total timing if yourev it up withe light on it. if it only went to say 30-32 degrees maybe i could get rid of this spark knock.

• Sponsors (?)

Check your base timing. If it isn't at 10 degrees; put it there. Still knocking?

Then try 9. Still got knock?

Then try 8. Still got knock?

At some point this should cure your knock, but it may cause your idle to suffer, and part throttle cruise may have lower fuel economy.

Repeat...

Good Luck....

i tried the backing down to 6* with no luck as sson as you hit the gas it was there still. but if i pull ou the spout plug then it lacks power since there is no timing advacne but it doesn't knock. i got another computer off ebay. hopefully it will be here in a few days.

i believe the tuner should be able to set the initial and total timing. my tuner set the initial at 10 degrees and total timing around 38. yours hsould be the same, i dont see why youd have to go below 10* initial. see if you have any codes... egr not working properly?? or run a octane booster to clean out that carbon if theres any build up.