SCT X4 Bama tune question

Jeremy Martin

Oct 26, 2017
I am thinking about getting an SCT X4 Bama tuner from AM. My 99 GT has very little done to it but enough that it needs a mild tune to make it all pull together. My questions are, can you disable the EGR and O2 sensors with the X4? If so can you edit a Bama tune with the X4 to disable the EGR and O2 sensors?

I ask because Bama replied that they personally cannot disable the EGR or O2 sensors and suggested a custom tuner would. Kinda defeats the purpose of tunes for life if I go that route. I was hoping the X4 could edit the tune Bama sends to include disabling the EGR and O2 sensors.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply. I called SCT and asked. The lady politely said they are an EPA compliant company and as such they no longer include the option to disable any emissions from their tuners through a user tunable menu. This includes EGR and O2 sensors. She said the X4 and the BDX tuners (Such as the Rev-X) could be provided a custom tune from someone who has used their tuning software to disable it, but the end user is not able to through the device menu anymore.

Reactions: 1 user