sct xcal2 potential gains?

chevyboy_z28

Jan 1, 2004
Wixom, MI
i just got my xcal2 today, and was wondering what kinda gains i should expect as far as 1/4 mile times (a tenth or two perhaps?). my best time to date is a 14.2, and that was before i got lca's and subframe connectors. what should i expect outa this thing, what all can i do with it? i was hoping to be able to correct the speedo for axle ratio/tire size, however now i see on their website that its only for 99+...oh well :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

i just got my xcal2 today, and was wondering what kinda gains i should expect as far as 1/4 mile times (a tenth or two perhaps?). my best time to date is a 14.2, and that was before i got lca's and subframe connectors. what should i expect outa this thing, what all can i do with it? i was hoping to be able to correct the speedo for axle ratio/tire size, however now i see on their website that its only for 99+...oh well :rolleyes:

Expect about 10whp gain. If your lucky, that'll shave a tenth off.

For the speedo correction you will have to buy a speed cal from a place like brothers performance or dallas mustang. Unfortunately 96-98 are one of those years that do not accept speedo changes through the computer. You can try a speedo gear, but I have not had any luck with that on my other 1998 mustang. With the X cal, you should definately get a better time, due to the car running way more efficient with a tune specifically made for all of your mods. Good luck.