SCT Xcal2 Settings

mklovell

Jun 19, 1999
Fremont, Ohio
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, I would really be interested in what your programs are set at. I'm having an issue with a couple of things.

1. My speedometer is off. I have 4.10's installed but have to use the highest setting (4.56) to even get close. It's to fast at lower speeds, right on at about 45mph and to slow at higher speeds. I've done the calculations and am going to test the 'tire revoluiotns per mile' setting to see if I can correct. I measured my tire diameter on the ground and come up wiith 25.625 inches tall which equates to 787 revolutions per mile. We'll see.

2. Ever since I've had the cams installed the car won't idle when cold. Granted it doesn't take long to get warm enough to be ok but I have come up with 850rpm on neu. idle which gives me a good lumpy idle and will still run. That seems to be ok. What is the drive idle rpm do? Doesn't seem to do anything no matter where I set it.

Anyways, I would be very interested in what you guys use. Another thing I did with my daily driver tune is increased the 2000-4000 timing by 2 degrees which seems to help since the cam install seems to have robbed a little power at the lower rpm. Don't get me wrong, the additional power is great at higher rpm's.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If you can't get the gear ratio right there has to be something in the loaded tune. Call you tuner and see what changes they made there. Could be the tune is already loaded with the correct gear ratio.