Sct Xcalibrator2 ?

welchy

Active User
Mar 30, 2006
I have a question for the tuner experts. I am selling my SCT tuner and C&L racer intake off of my 06 GT. I recently bought a 16. Can the tunes from Brenspeed be used on any comparable GT with the CAI or are they worthless? Reason I am asking is because my ECM had to be replaced and i sent tuner to SCT to be unlocked but never bothered getting tunes reinstalled by Brenspeed because I assume they were specific to my car since Brenspeed asked for ECM code when I originally bought package. Brenspeed will replace lost tunes. I want to give the next owner the best deal I can. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Did I say something wrong?
43 views and nothing? I am just trying to make sure I help a fellow Stanger as much as I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I would call Brenspeed and ask. Normally canned tunes are good for all vehicles. They have a base tune to increase performance but nothing too extreme. The reason they ask for your ECM code it so the tuner can be locked to your car.

Reactions: 1 user
So their answer is if the computer has a different strategy than the old one it would need a whole new tune. So I guess the answers is yes and no. The tunes are not car specific but are computer strategy specific. They would work with some and not with others.

Absolutely they could. I would recommend Bama tunes though as they give free tunes for life. No need to buy new tunes if you add more mods.