Sea foamin v6

• Sponsors (?)

CobraRed_96_GT said:
it's the topic of the biggest thread on the 4.6 GT threads, it's like you guy's "the v6 forums ar dead" thread
A HA! must not be a pretty big thread anymore then... as for the seafoam, ive never heard of it but their website looks legit. only thing is theres just directions for diesel engines and small engines but id hope u guys over at 4.6 forums know more about it then me...

98CobraClone said:
seafoam is a "cleaner" that cleans the engine while using the vacuum........it is essentially sucked through the engine.

I say if you don't know where your engine parts are, don't go pouring stuff in the car

Honestly one of the stupidest things i've ever heard said. So does that mean if you don't know how to put oil in your car to just not do it :shrug: :shrug:

dumb ass

snakebitx1 said:
Honestly one of the stupidest things i've ever heard said. So does that mean if you don't know how to put oil in your car to just not do it :shrug: :shrug:

dumb ass

Your picture is not the "correct" location. It may or may not work where you showed, but as far as I know the PCV is on the other side of then engine. I will check tonight and get you a pic of mine so you know where to do it at. Go ahead and put some in the gas tank while you wait.

EDIT: Look at the top of the engine. There's one vacuum line coming from it down towards the right side of the engine. This is the hose you are going to want to use. Unattach from the side of the engine and have the hose suck in the seafoam. No pouring required.

Adverse2Change said:
Your picture is not the "correct" location. It may or may not work where you showed, but as far as I know the PCV is on the other side of then engine. I will check tonight and get you a pic of mine so you know where to do it at. Go ahead and put some in the gas tank while you wait.

EDIT: Look at the top of the engine. There's one vacuum line coming from it down towards the right side of the engine. This is the hose you are going to want to use. Unattach from the side of the engine and have the hose suck in the seafoam. No pouring required.

hmmm.... i'll try, but if i can't figure it out could u post a pic or use my pic and highlight it?? thanks

There's only 2 hoses that connect to your air intake tube. The other is the one that's not circled in the picture you posted over in the 4.6 forum. Regardless, they're both the same thing. So pop it out of the valve cover (not the air intake tube) and let it suck away.

pvcaz8.jpg

Here's where I did mine. Pop off the end by the oil fill cap and let it suck in the seafoam.

Attachments

• pvcaz8.jpg
    pvcaz8.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 145
*If* you can get it out. I had a heck of a time getting that one out, but the other just slid out nice and easy... must be getting worn. snakebitx1, do note that your hose routing will probably be different than mine. I rerouted mine with an inline filter, yours will most likely go straight up and over.

that that first hose is the one i thought you were talking about, but wow it's really hard to get off i wasn't sure if it was suppost to seeing how it's so hard:shrug: but i guess i'll try it tomorrow and video tape it!:D

Okay, now can anyone tell me how to find the PCV hose or the brake booster hose on a '98 V-6 please. Pics would be nice. My engine bay is stock except for a MAC CAI, and pullies. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Ended up using the brake booster instead of the PCV: Got some white smoke, not a ton. MUCH better performance from the car. Better acceleration, idling, and it got rid of my pinging!