Searching in Southeast

Blakjack

Nov 9, 2004
***UPDATE***
I got one! Everything came together very fast yesterday. As a result of this message I posted the other day, I got a PM from a board member suggesting a dealership in South GA to call saying they had a TRed & a White GT there. I called & they'd sold the Red, but still had the white. So I made arrangements to go get it. Not my first choice in color, but it had everything I wanted.

Here's where it gets interesting... as I'm on the phone with this dealership, the salesman from another location in GA calls & leaves a voicemail. I'd talked to this guy a couple times, but he didn't have anything there... just "coming" as I'm sure you've all heard before. I get off the phone, get the voicemail which says a yellow GT was on the truck at the dealership being unloaded at that time, and if I wanted it, to call him back right away & put a deposit on it. They had a local customer coming to buy it, but he had not ordered anything, and didn't put a deposit.

It gets better... as I'm on the phone with this guy, the first salesman calls back & leaves a voicemail. When I finish the 2nd conversation, I get the message & he's telling me he made a mistake... he was off work the day before, and another salesman sold the white GT. No worries, I was about to call & tell him I'd decided on the yellow anyway.

So, short story-long, I went and picked up the Screaming Yellow GT with everything yesterday afternoon. I was totally impressed with a GT when I test-drove one, but now that I have one I'm overwhelmed. It has everything I wanted... black leather interior, IUP, Shaker 1000, 17" wheels, 5-spd, everything. There's a tad more to the story, like how that local customer I mentinoed showed up as I'm doing the paperwork & tried to convince the dealership to sell it to him out from under me. He even offered them 1k more than MSRP that I was paying, and later upped it to 2k over. Kudos to Thomaston Ford, Thomaston, GA for sticking to their guns and staying true to our deal.

Many thanks to all who responded to my original post, & I'll see y'all on the road.

B :nice: :D

-----Original Message-----
Hello everyone,

This search for a GT is turning into somewhat of a frustration. First, let me start off by saying I do have one on order through a local dealer. I don't have any other solid information except I was told it would be "Feb sometime". Should I press for more details?

I'm not a patient person, so I've used the internet and phone to try to find one. Every time I see one on a web site, then call, its "just been sold this morning," or "we don't have that yet even though the web sites says otherswise." kind of thing. I even drove 300 miles to see one... the dealer there said he had a green one, and was "expecting" four more by the time I got there. All he had when I arrived was a green and also a white GT, so at least I got to test-drive one. (I'd already test-drove a V6). It seems everytime I find a GT actually on the ground somewhere, its the wrong color, or it doesn't have something I wish it did, etc.. I don't think I'm being unreasonable on the specs I would like, but they must be the absolute most-popular or something.

If anyone's looking for a V6, I'm finding them pretty plentiful around here.

So, can anyone help? I live in Montgomery, AL and would be willing to drive any reasonable distance to score one.

Thanks in advance,
B

Desired Specs:
GT with 5-spd manual
Color (in order of preference) T-Red, Yellow, S-Blue, Silver. Note I would accept a White or Black if the interior had the Red Leather.
Interior: Black Leather preferred.
Must have the IUP.
Shaker 500 or 1000
17" Machined Bright Aluminum Wheels
EAP - not essential but would be nice.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like me and you are in the same boat Blakjack. I also have one on order and have been searching around because my dealership won't give me any info about my order.

I'm in Huntsville, AL and ordered through Woody Anderson. I checked forddirect.com today and they have more listed for them, but of course the only one that I wanted was a manual instead of automatic :mad: You might want to check there and see if one suits you. I'm not sure if they have actually been delivered yet though. I'm supposed to get a call when they arrive, but I wonder if they will remember to call me. They are charging $1000 market adjustment though.

I also live in montgomery so far friendly has a white gt no upgrade just shaker 1000, which I'm sure you already knew this , Gilmore has sold 5 gt already, troy ford has sold 2 gt's and 1 v6. I have driven the gt at friendly and have seen all the others in person. But all are sold ecpect friendly's white one with the 3000 markup. I will be getting mine in May.

I have one ordered that will be here in Mississippi on 11/26. I will let you have it for 3 grand over MSRP.

WindVeil Blue Premium GT, manual 5 speed, Shaker 500, WheelLocks, Side Air Bags.