Interior and Upholstery Seat Belt Find

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
Sarasota Florida
There is no way to get convertible seat belts for a 90. Trust me I have looked . There is a place that makes a three point universal that would not be what I want fit wise and appearance. Mine works if a yank it ten times. They seem like the are unrepairable . Like they dont open to be fixed. Anybody worked on their seatbelts to get them better

• Sponsors (?)

I have no idea how this shop is....

I also think I read before that seat belt design changed at one point in the 90's. The older ones don't lock up unless there is an inertial stop in which point they would lock. SO you can pull and pull and pull and nothing will happen. Then, they changed this to where a quick jerk would lock them. I guess it was a better way of garanteeing engagement.

I do not know how true this is, but my front belts are out of a 90. If you pull them, they won't lock, but there's bee a few times where i'll come to a quick stop and lean forward to look out the window and they will lock on me then.

I wish i knew if this was the case, as i don't have an airbag either, so i'd like to know if my belts work or not.