Seat tracks

Hey there, so the previous owner cut my 66's seat track's bolt. only one of them. and the other day i had a passenger and then all of a sudden the passenger went back and the seat came up sigh, it was embarrassing. So i was wondering is there way a replace just the bolt? or do i have to spend 62 dollars on a whole new seat track assembly.

• Sponsors (?)

I doubt he cut them. More than likey he snapped it off installing the seat. I have done this. I usually just hammer out the old one and then put in a grade 5 or better stainless with a littlle tack to keep it from spinning in the track when I torque.

thanks dcstang but i was talking about the other bolt. the ones that go through the seat pan and then you torque on the underside of the car.

Thanks dodgestang After a bit of hammering i was able to get out the old bolt the shortened one, and i took another one out to help figure out what length i need. I don't have a welder nor do i know how to weld so i'm going to have to take it to a muffler shop and ask them to tack it for me =\ but i figure i might as well do all of them at the same time.

So i went to lowes and what not got bolts, but... luck ran out, I was using 3/8 in hex bolts that were a 1 1/2 inch long and wow they were hard to get it, but i only was planning on replacing 2, the other problem was that they were to thick and didn't allow the bolts that attach the seat track to the seat frame to pass over them.

Anyway, as i was putting the seat tracks back on i noticed something extremely serious. The seat frame was broken on one side, and it was pretty bad, it looks like i'm going to have to get a while seat frame, its caved in wehre its supposed to be sticking out. I think what happened was that because i didn't have that front left bolt in and when my passenger was turned towards me and as i accelerated all the weight got thrown to the back right edge of the seat frame, causing it to buckle and pulling the rest of the seat up with it :nonono:

I looked online for seat frame replacements and new ones are at least 450$, they don't just sell the bottom portion.

On craigslist i found some deals, a passenger bucket seat for 50$ with tracks and everything, it needs to be reupholstered though. I was thinking to just take the leather off of my old seat bottom and just put it on the new seat bottom and just connect it with the old seat top.

Also how does this sound?
1970 Mustang High back Bucket Seats
High Back Bucket seats, same as Mach 1, turn lever on bottom, has seat tracks, needs reupholstering (self installation kits available), fits 64 to 73 Mustangs various other cars $225.00 for the pair

He sent me a picture of the highbacks and they're not in good shape they're pretty cut up and not the right color.

PICT0150.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0150.jpg
    PICT0150.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 53
Where in southern Cal are you? We have a set of front seats we would like to sell. Driver side has new lower frame, new foam and upholstery is in good shape, and has the tracks with them, color is black. We'r using aftermarket seats and the old ones are taking up space

THat seems like a pretty good deal for hi back buckets. You can even get pony set covers for them...
You can have the frames fixed, but you would have to strip the upholstry, and if you have to do that, might as well reupholster the hi back buckets...