Seats For 68, Please Help

horseballz

10 Year Member
Sep 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Hi Folks,
I know I've seen/read threads on this but can't currently find them and a search has not been much help. Bottom line, the apparently welded mounting point of the seat back on my driver side seat has broken loose and my 68 is my main, daily driver! I remember there have been several if not many threads concerning fairly easy/convenient fitment of late model seats from several different models of Fords and I'm looking for info. If I remember correctly, some models are as simple as just swapping my 68 mounting rails/tracks to a later model seat with often not much more hassle than drilling one new hole in the rails? The other questions that come to mind are about positioning , angle, height, etc in my car. Now, a frind has a nice 68 seat frame that he'll let me have, but it is not currently usable, as it is just the bare frame. I do a lot of work for this guy and he is fairly high up the ladder at Scott Drake and I have a fair amount of "credit" with him for work performed. My plan has been to get, through him, all new upholstery (he's offered to do the seat recovering, while showing me how), new carpet, etc, but I simply don't have the time at this point to have the car down for several days to a week and may not have the time for several months. So I need to find an easy swap to be able to continue to drive my car. Any & all help & guidance would be appreciated
Thanks,
Gene

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah it could likely be pulled apart and welded, it needs foam and recover, I just don't have the time to fork with it right now. I just need something that can bolt in quickly while the rest of the interior is out for re-furb! The car is also my main driver! The reason I haven't been around is that I've rekindled the other love of my life of playing guitar and singing in a Rock & Blues band. I did it for a living all my life until I moved here in 97. At that time I put my guitars in a closet until about a year and a half ago. I figured that while even at my age (almost 60), I'm not yet arthritic, so if I'm ever gonna do a band again the time is NOW!:nice: Turning wrenches had to take a back seat for a while! I find that after putting it aside for 16+ years, I play way better now than when I did it every day. And now I've also taken up the new addiction of hand building all tube, custom guitar amplifiers, as no one makes one that does what I want, except me!:p It is pretty cool carrying my guitars, etc. to gigs in my 68Mustang!:flag:
If you want to check out some of our crap (I mean music) there is a small music player on the home page of our website. It gives you about 1-2 minutes each of pieces of 4 songs. These were our first go around with recording.
The band is called ROCK N BLUES and our website is:
http://www.rocknblues.org/home.html

After perusing your activities, I see you've been a busy boy!
Thanks,
Gene

Reactions: 1 user
I can not help with the seat, but a rock and blues band and daily driving a '68, well, you are living right! We salute you! What is your classic/toy? Is it A'32 or a t bucket? Too much wrapped up in gear for a spare car?

I can not help with the seat, but a rock and blues band and daily driving a '68, well, you are living right! We salute you! What is your classic/toy? Is it A'32 or a t bucket? Too much wrapped up in gear for a spare car?

Well,
My other driver is a 69 F250, (56 chebby long bed pickup on deck but not yet a driver) but it has no AC and I'm in Las Vegas with regular 110+ degree highs and 95 degree lows! The temps are getting ready to wind down a bit, but still pretty brutal in the daytimes. I did swap the passenger side seat to the driver side and lo & behold, a surprise, temporary benefit of being able to put my Marshall 4X12 speaker cabinet where the seat used to be!:rolleyes: I was just looking for a quick, simple, easy, temp fix, as self service boneyards here only charge $27 each for a bucket seat! And yeah, I got a couple $$ tied up in 8 guitars (Les Pauls & a couple Strats) and several amps/cabinets (all Marshall or hand built custom variations) along with a bit of sound system gear!:nice: Our band's website, bear in mind the recordings were our first attempt over a year ago:

rocknblues.org

I sing all, except the third song, which is Randy, our drummer! We're a three piece & I play guitar! And yeah, with a 325+hp 5.0/5-speed/3.80 trak loc, it's a blast to leave a gig in a "ROARING" cloud of tire smoke and exhaust stench!:burnout:

I'm Alive, Livin' & Breathin'
Gene

Last edited: