Seattle Area Speed Shops

loud 95

May 29, 2003
Milwaukie, OR
I am considering a more permanent move to the Tacoma area. As such, I am wondering what speed shops are in the greater Seattle/Tacoma areas? By speed shops, I mean shops that cader to late model Ford/Chevy/Dodge products. I know there is one in Bremerton and I am also aware of Brad's Custom Auto. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

gospeedgo said:
I dont think he's asking to find a shop to do the work on his car...I think he's looking to open a shop and scoping out the areas. What "other' shops are there...good, bad or unknown?

:hail2: You are quite correct in making such an assumption. I have a couple of very experienced and well-trained technicians lined up. All are ASE certified. One has a master tech certification, as well as a parts ASE. The other is a factory trained Viper technician. A third member I may bring aboard has been trained in High-performance engine building. He also has extensive fabrication experience (his 10 second grand national has a NICE cage in it). Though I started as a Ford loyalist, my affinity for Chevy and Dodge products came on strong during college. As such, I am in a unique position to offer a variety of services to northwest customers. The question now becomes, "Where shall I open up?"

Most of the Speed shops are gone. There was one in Fife(gone), Honest in Renton(gone), Competition Development in Federal Way was there for a little while. Comp D just wanted to work on Vette's, F-bodies and Vipers.
Summit kinda killed most of the shops.

loud 95 said:
:hail2: You are quite correct in making such an assumption. I have a couple of very experienced and well-trained technicians lined up. All are ASE certified. One has a master tech certification, as well as a parts ASE. The other is a factory trained Viper technician. A third member I may bring aboard has been trained in High-performance engine building. He also has extensive fabrication experience (his 10 second grand national has a NICE cage in it). Though I started as a Ford loyalist, my affinity for Chevy and Dodge products came on strong during college. As such, I am in a unique position to offer a variety of services to northwest customers. The question now becomes, "Where shall I open up?"

I think across the street from my house would be a good location.:D Right next to beautiful GreenLake.:nice:

A shop not mentioned thus far is Jim Greens in Lynnwood.
Hhhmmm...there are shops in Marysville, Lynnwood, and Tacoma. Is there an unspoken rule that says that performance shops need to be in sketchy/sleezy towns?

Turbotech is in Tacoma as well. Honest Performance in Federal Way.
Blood and Corvettes of Auburn are both in Auburn.
There was Tom's Racing Parts in Tacoma, but I think they're gone now too.