Second time to the track

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the input excel sheet!! If I advance the cam I gain Torque and lose hp ? Retarding the cam loses torque and gains hp? Do I have that right?? There must be an formula that will let you know what you lose or gain by advancing or retarding??

Steve

If you advance the cam you bring your peak horsepower down a little and gain some low end torque.

If you retard the cam you bring your peak horsepower numbers (and power band) up and little and you will loose some low end torque.

Peak numbers don't matter as much as the curve. Just look at Killercanary's dyno graph. The horsepower is flat from about 4900 to 5800. It's all about the area under the curve, don't just look at peak numbers.

Jake

BTW...

Try downloading Desktop Dyno 2000 off a file sharing program.

You can plug in EVERYTHING. IVO, IVC, EVO, EVC, Number of degrees the cam is retarded or advanced, etc. There is tons...not just on cams, everything.

Jake

Pops Fun said:
Hi,
I had all the mods in my signature, Both those runs were with the same HP, a 14.6 @ 93.3 mph and 14.7 @ 97.2 mph.
I am making 281 RWHP.

Pops Fun

I can't understand you have 280HP and run 14.6 , I have less HP and mods(no heads cam) than you and ran same as me