security systems

mustangkid05

Mar 10, 2006
im looking at getting one in a few weeks, so is there any good ones that wont kill me in the price?, the reason i am getting one is because i just bought a brand new head unit, and put a system in my trunk. And not to long ago it got broken into, they stole my gauges and my radar. And last thing is how do they work like the good ones? do they go off when someone touches it?

thanks in advance
berman

• Sponsors (?)

Id look at the Viper 5000. Its a good alarm setup that doesnt have remote start. If you want remote start go with the Viper 5900.

They both have adjustable shock sensors and you can buy add ons for other things like dual stage radar.

Viper makes some top of the line stuff.
I'd go with a Viper 5000 with all the sensors
if you are looking to protect your car well and you care about your car.
I have the Viper 791XV with all the sensors on
my Subaru and I like it alot plus I have a turbo timer too.
Recently I also had Lojack installed and security film
put on all my windows.

The viper 5000 is a responder system. The key fob will beep (when you are in range) and show you which sensor is being set off. If someone knocks into your car soft enough it will just do a warning chirp, if they hit it hard enough the alarm will go off... you can change the duration for how long the alarm stays on.

But the responder remote is key, it tells you what is happening. I have the 5900 because I wanted remote start, and it works up to a mile away. I could start my car half way across campus in the winter and walk right up to a warm car :)

The 5000 works up to 1/2 mile away, which is still a good distance.

im looking at getting one in a few weeks, so is there any good ones that wont kill me in the price?, the reason i am getting one is because i just bought a brand new head unit, and put a system in my trunk. And not to long ago it got broken into, they stole my gauges and my radar. And last thing is how do they work like the good ones? do they go off when someone touches it?

thanks in advance
berman

Damn..... now your name is Berman :rlaugh: You got about 6 names. Anyway
Some cheap insurance advice.... dont play super loud music with the windows
down any where near where you are going to park your car for long periods of
time unattended... like your own neighborhood or a shopping mall etc.
People hear it and wait for you to leave then they hit it.