Seems legit-duty cycle

Black1987

my wife Bedazzled my input shaft
15 Year Member
Jan 9, 2011
NC
Local car posted for sale, maybe I’m not as educated as I thought. But even with the fuel pressure regulator turned up that seems inflated.

Thoughts?
EAF2062C-EFFF-4264-A3D9-A9661082CD57.png
56A93487-BDF0-4F43-8F98-8AD5F3A9A327.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

30k, but I was talking 450hp crank hp on 24lb injectors

I pushed just over 400 crank HP out of 19's with my KB, the stock block, and an FMU.

I ran that combo for about a year before swapping from SD to MAF and 42s. Admittedly, the 19's and FMU setup ran better driveability wise but during boost, injector pressure was high, high, high.

I was also running a 225L High pressure fuel pump and KB Boost-a-Pump (which became a voltage regulator after swapping to 42s).

I pushed just over 400 crank HP out of 19's with my KB, the stock block, and an FMU.

I ran that combo for about a year before swapping from SD to MAF and 42s. Admittedly, the 19's and FMU setup ran better driveability wise but during boost, injector pressure was high, high, high.

I was also running a 225L High pressure fuel pump and KB Boost-a-Pump (which became a voltage regulator after swapping to 42s).
His is not blown tho straight motor.

We didn't always have all these fancy computers and chips and programs and support "things" laying around when we wanted to make more power. What we had to do instead of tuning and swapping out EECs is tune everything mechanically.

One tried and true method for doing that was to jack fuel pressure through the roof. As pressure goes up, volume goes down, so we started putting larger fuel pumps into things.... :hide:

Same concept though. Just jack the fuel pressure to Jesus, and tune it for that. However, you are not sucking that much air through a stock MAF anyway, so it's BS.

Kurt

the add says its a 93 Cobra. Didn’t they have 70mm maf? I could see a standard 55mm having trouble supporting 400hp. But wouldn’t a 70mm do it?

the add says its a 93 Cobra. Didn’t they have 70mm maf? I could see a standard 55mm having trouble supporting 400hp. But wouldn’t a 70mm do it?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that based on the quality and understanding of the text the author put in their classified that this likely is not an original Cobra. This is more likely a 93' Mustang with a Cobra emblem.

Kurt