selling 99 looking for '03 but should I...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I am in North Carolina and I am selling my baby http://stangnet.cardomain.com/id/87whitevert for $17900 or BEST OFFER and looking to get into something a bit newer. i was interested in a 2003 Cobra but wondering if I could get some advice from the experts here on any issues that I should look for when purchasing a 2003.

Any help on what to look for when purchasing a 2003 would be so helpful. it has some work done to it such as a 2.9X" pulley and a Fluidyne Heat Exchanger on it now, the 2003 one does. Anything I should know about that as well?

I appreciate your time for reading this..... Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

There is alot to consider. First of all, you'll only get about $15k IF you find someone who likes the stalker kit. It'll take a while I expect to find that person or you'll have to drop the price.

About the 03 cobra.. since it has a 2.93 pulley, you now have no warantee on it. It's a big deal cause you have no idea how safe the tune was or how hard it's been driven. A used 03 cobra with no warantee is worth max 20k.

I would suggest driving a couple 03 cobras or having someone who live near you go for a test drive and hive you their thoughts.

good luck, my 99 has been on the market for almost 2 months now with at least 30 calls/emails about it and the highest offer I have had is $15,500. But when looking at an 03 I would ask if there was the tick in the cylinder head that was a problem in a few 03's, ford is supposed to replace those. I havent heard of many other problems, I am in the same boat you are, trying to get rid of the 99 to pay of some bills and then eventually get a 03/04.

Status
Not open for further replies.