Serious Info Needed On Subframe Install

Ok here's the deal, I picked up a set of D&D subframe connectors for 60 bucks at the Joliet NMRA race. Real nice heavy duty quality looking pieces I might add. No shops in my area are wanting or are able to do this.

I know that you need a drive on rack for the body to be right when you weld them. I might be able to borrow time in a shop and have a guy I know weld them in, but I need to know just how tedious it is. I know that you are pretty much welding on a thin floor plan and have to keep the heat down or toast your interior.

Just how much do you have to weld on them to get them in correctly. I think he said the welder they have is a gas welder, i'm sorry but I don't even quite know what that is and if it is what I need.

If anybody has any pics of what their installed subs look like that would be very helpful. I NEED to get these in. I have a brand new set of ET Streets mounted and ready to go at the strip, I just want to have my subs in before I go ripping a$$ down the strip on slicks.

Thanks in advance...

• Sponsors (?)