Seriously? 12 grand?

Adams91LX

Dec 9, 2003
Plano, TX
another craigslist... this one's just a couple blocks from my house...

but 12k?

Selling this in excellent shape red 89 mustang GT hatchback. Five speed, red interior, . .39,000 original miles, . . .new ac system which I spent ~1800 dollars on, . .runs excellent, . .interior immaculate, . .I only changed out the exhaust. I don't think you would find another 25th anniversary edition like this one in the whole state at least that is in this condition, . .thanks.

3nd3kf3o7ZZZZZZZZZ96s8ab5b30df2b917a7.jpg

...and did the car sit so long that after only 39k the a/c system had to be completely replaced???

• Sponsors (?)

FWIW, I wouldn't be suprised if the o-rings went bad and he had the freon leaking out. At that point, it makes more sense to convert over to 134a. That was something I was VERY happy to see when I bought my car was that it was already converted over. I thought I had a slow leak because it wasn't very cold, but I put in 2 cans of 134a and it's been frigid for 2 years now.

It's a nice car for sure but the price he is asking is going into 93 cobra territory ($10K-$15K) with close to those miles. I could maybe even see $8-9K with the right buyer and even that is pushing it given the current economy.

another craigslist... this one's just a couple blocks from my house...

but 12k?

3nd3kf3o7ZZZZZZZZZ96s8ab5b30df2b917a7.jpg

...and did the car sit so long that after only 39k the a/c system had to be completely replaced???

Hey, remember that time you said you wanted to buy a spoiler from me and I boxed it up and turned down a few other buyers... and then you stopped answering PMs and disappeared off the face of the planet? Good times...

From the way he talks about it, he probably thinks that it's some special 25th Anniversary Edition because it has the little dash pony.
I thought the 90 was the one that came as a 25th ANV edition. I had an 89 GT and remember discussing that with a frien and his 90GT that had the badge and mine didnt. :shrug:

You have to remember that there are kids who are 30 and under who talk smack "like no way, no fruit tart would pay that amount", and adults who have an easy 12G laying around in the bank who wants an unmolested stock fox, knowing that there are two values, kid value (KBB) and the market value.

All I have seen on here is how it is getting harder and harder to find an unmolested Fox, especially under the 100G mile club, yet the scoffers here probably didn't find something as nice as this example and if you did, you most likely purchased it 12 years ago.

Here's an idea, find another one that is around that year that has that low of miles, for a much better price of 6-7 tops and post a few links up here. No repaints, no mods, a true survivor car.

True, that modded foxes are a dime a dozen, typical owners are dumping more into their soapboxes than they are worth, but the survivors are becoming harder to come by.

Would I automatically give 12 for that car, not before shopping around!

Blah, blah, blah, another Fox seller asking 10+ for their stuff. Yea, I know, we all bought our junk 10 years ago for half that price, who cares. These cars are getting older, and market value is slowly climbing-as it should. Blue Book no longer applies to a 20 year old car. Is it really a surprise, after seeing the trend of 60's muscle car values?

Anyway, that's my .02$. I'm much more interested in THIS:

Hey, remember that time you said you wanted to buy a spoiler from me and I boxed it up and turned down a few other buyers... and then you stopped answering PMs and disappeared off the face of the planet? Good times...

:stirpot: