Seriously why does the 4.6 need so many cams???

One cam or S/DOHC

• One cam

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • S/DOHC

Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

CTGrey02 said:
it boggles my mind that a thread with a title as stupid as this has grown to this many pages.

You think this is long you should have seen my GF thread. It really wasn't even titled that good but it had 14 pages and 7000+ view. To bad it got locked down because someone got offended.

Guys I'm going to close the thread. If idiot5.0 gets the pics for me today I'll make another thread in talk. :nice: I know this thread will get locked down soon. We have been off topic for about a page and a half.

00'StangOmatic said:
The SOHC allows the valves to be unshrouded, thereby allowing better airflow which inturn produces more power. There are push-rod 4 valve heads made by Arao http://www.araoengineering.com/Ford/frdsmb.htm
These are heads for small block fords which flow like crazy.

:eek:

How does that system work off of only 1 cam? Does 1 pushrod work some weird kind of Y-shaped rocker working 2 valves or what?

GinoGT said:
:eek:

How does that system work off of only 1 cam? Does 1 pushrod work some weird kind of Y-shaped rocker working 2 valves or what?

The valve rocker arms are on two shafts, each rocker arm actuates 2 valves for the intake and 2 valves for the exhaust. Click on the web site, they have pictures and specs.

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]What was this thread about again[/QUOTE]
It should have been , "how many stupid replies can I get"? and , " how far off topic do you think it will get", or " how many morons does it take to get a thread locked" ????? :nice: hell, I guess I'm right there with the rest of you.. please God , let this end. :nice:
I you really want to know, take an auto mechanics class and learn about engines.

forpit2000gt said:
It should have been , "how many stupid replies can I get"? and , " how far off topic do you think it will get", or " how many morons does it take to get a thread locked" ????? :nice: hell, I guess I'm right there with the rest of you.. please God , let this end. :nice:
I you really want to know, take an auto mechanics class and learn about engines.

:scratch: :shrug:

I thought it was "I have PMS because my 4V swap went to hell and I'm having my vengence by expressing how much I think 4V's suck because I had a bad experience with them (even though I know they don't suck), and I'll build myself an old NASCAR engine because I think it's somehow impossible for anything to go wrong on one of those because I said so"

Or something like that.

:lol: :rlaugh: :jester:

Status
Not open for further replies.