Serpentine Belt Length

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
Jul 18, 2013
There are a 101 diagrams showing multiple routing systems. And most have the belt length written directly on them. But I can not find one showing the belt length for no AC, PS, or smog.

After reading through quite a few threads, I've read everywhere from 38" to 44" and everything in between is what is needed.

So what is the actual current length???

I'm running the stock alternator, water pump, and crank pulley with the stock tensioner. The weird thing is, I ran this same way with my previous Fox, but I just can't remember which belt I used....

• Sponsors (?)

add about 1/2"--1" off the length for the tensioner adjustment. the belt is going to stretch as well. You will probably need to buy 2 belts with different lengths to see the best fit given the tolerances on these cars.

Reactions: 1 user
When I needed to find a good short belt after deleting the smog on my '95, I parked outside O'Reilly's and test fit belts until I got one that satisfied me.

This is the image I found everywhere. But I find it weird that all of the other belt routing diagrams show a length. But the fully stripped down version is the only one with no belt length...

This car is my daily right now. I would just like to have everything on hand before rearing it down. I woud hate fore the parts store to not have it on hand when the car will be needed to be driven to work the next day...

I'm doing a Summit Racing manual rack swap at the same time.

Attachments

• downloadfile (3).jpg
    downloadfile (3).jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 224
I just put an upgrade alternator in my car and the old belt no longer fit. When I looked at those diagrams, the belt I had was way shorter than they showed for standard smog pump bypass routing. So, I went with the one recommended and it was way too long. Took a few tries to get right.