service advance trac light is on

hydro37

Aug 12, 2011
Iowa
I haave a 2010 GT and the "service advance trac" light is on.....It came on a week ago but went off after about 5 mins. It came on again today but went off. Was on dry pavement both times. Any advice or what is wrong?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Did not spin the tires either time...it is going in today......according to the service writer it coulc be a vacuum leak or possibly the steering gear is bad. Doubt it is the steering since the cars just fine. I have a code reader but was told not to use it until Ford pulled the codes first?

NOT at all happy with Ford right now....the dealer found NO codes and the damn light has been on 2 different times so now they want TO CHARGE me for relocating the exhaust brackets because they think the exhaust is too close to the axle and MAY be the cause. WTH Ford

So....are they the stock exhaust brackets? I believe the codes will only show up when the light is on and once off it may self clear. Contact the Ford customer service rep on here....they usually help a lot. Could look into another dealer too......

That's pretty funny, and not haha funny. I would have not have paid him to relocate brackets that Ford installed, that's crazy. How did they justify that? Like Pete said talk to the Ford rep on here, she's been very helpful to many people on this forum.

The stock brackets were moved by the Iowa Ford dealer (they said the mufflers were too close to the wires and also melted the gas tank evap hose).They also heat wrapped the exhaust. They did that under warranty. We drove to Texas and the exhaust started hitting the bottom of the car (by the axle) The Texas Ford dealer had to relocate the brackets and charged me $225. The Texas dealer even asked about the heat wrap AND they cant explain why the "servise advance trac" light has been on.

U need to get this corrected. Get the light issue fixed first. Go after the dealer that did heat wrap and put the exhaust in the wrong place for 225.00. They caused the problem that cost u 225.00. Get in touch with Natasha, the Ford service rep on here and send her all the info. This whole situation is bull:poo:.