Shaker 500 Stereo (6 CD changer) - Anyone ever switch out the entire Face-plate on a stock radio?

chgovfk

15 Year Member
Apr 17, 2007
AZ
Shaker 500 Stereo - Anyone ever switch out the entire Face-plate (Faceplate only) on a stock shaker radio? A few buttons started to 'chip' off the radio faceplate...the radio and CD player work great ....just wanted to know if anyone has attempted this? Looking for pointers before I tear it all apart ...couldn't find anything on the ole inter-webber

• Sponsors (?)

Do you need a donor head unit? I have the shaker 500 stereo from my 06 that looks brand new. It has an internal issue and I don't feel right selling it to someone. I'd let you have it for the cost of shipping if you're interested.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you need a donor head unit? I have the shaker 500 stereo from my 06 that looks brand new. It has an internal issue and I don't feel right selling it to someone. I'd let you have it for the cost of shipping if you're interested.
Thanks, Sycostang67 ...I do appreciate that .....shoot me a picture of it (front faceplate) when you can ....I just now got the 07 mustang into 'my' garage for 'detail' and or all the other work I plan on doing to it besides general maintenance etc......I just bought a brand new (2020 fusion) ....and with 598.2 miles on it some 'mo-mo' hit me square in the 'butt' in a taco stand 'drive-thru' so I was driving the 07 to work, etc .....but that would rock ...the faceplate I bought does not 'say' shaker 500 on it .....thanks again