Shaking At High Speeds

jrod2423

Aug 15, 2011
Byesville, Ohio
So I was driving on the interstate and I started to realize that when I let out of the gas or apply a little brake pressure my car feels like its stumbling over itself and shakes really bad.
Anybody have any suggestions for potential problems or fixes?

• Sponsors (?)

well first off make sure the vacuum line going into the brake booster is in good shape and secure , although that's probably not the problem , i have seen it cause a slight shake before along with little brake power , but its most likely either your brake rotors or brake pads , if your rotors have deep grooves in them or are warped they will defiantly cause a shake , and if the pads are small , then you should probably change them , worst case scenario it could be your calipers , witch are ubber expensive , one thing i would try that worked for me is raising your car off the ground and turn your wheels and see if the brakes are rubbing the rotors when they aren't applied , again that could be either calipers, rotors , or pads , i just put some brake lube on mine and it fixed it

Reactions: 1 user
no it cant be the rotor or pads i've checked them and replaced the one that i thought was wrapped the biggest problem is it only does this on the interstate when im going about 65 and above, but when im on state routes the car feels perfect and feels like its race ready to take on anything.

ok so to update the cause of the problem it happened to be my rims. the holes that the studs were fastened to the rims some how got dug out by the lugnuts and it made the holes oblong so i found another stock rim and replaced it.

i've had it aligned before but i think i found the problem, last weekend i replaced the sway bar stabilzers and the bushings on the sway bar and it seems to have settled down a bit on being unstable or shaking. The stabilizer links ended up having to be cut out with a saw, and the bushings were pretty weathered and worn. so for now i think they were most of the problem till i drive it down the interstate some more.