Shaved Handles

67FBack

Feb 27, 2006
New Braunfels, TX
Anybody done a shaved handle door?

What kit did you install? Does it work good? Would you do anything different?

I have a shaved handle stang, but the previous owner did not complete the job. I like the way it looks, but does the door popper work? Did you tie it to the alarm system?

• Sponsors (?)

I looked into it, then read of a guy in a mag who had to change them because the track would not let him run with out handles. Makes sense, but was enough to shy me away. Something to think about/research also.

I've heard that about the track but I bet the rules change from track to track. I mean Nascar's don't even have doors:)

I've been a Hot Rodder / Hacker :) for many years so this is a must for my cars!

10secgoal said:
I looked into it, then read of a guy in a mag who had to change them because the track would not let him run with out handles. Makes sense, but was enough to shy me away. Something to think about/research also.
that is the number 1 thing that PISSED me off when i saw my car.The guy says,"your doors came out good" I said "what do you mean, they were already straight" I about died when i saw them, so untill i get new door shells, i cant see a track:nonono:

Stick on handles would be easy just take reops and some rare-earth magnets and vinyl tape and you are in business. Having said that the rule is in place for a reason “your safety and the safety of the response team” so I would not do it that is like making a phony role cage and saying as long as it passes tech it will be ok.

you cant have shaved doors and run at a drag strip.
you just cant. its because if your passed out how are they gonna get you out besides breaking your window.

i too was gonna shave them but not anymore. you can try it, i know of a few strips that will let you run in the 8's w/o a helmet and cage if you want. NO TECH =)

actually you CAN have shaved doors, as long as there is a alternate latch release system.So if there was a way to fab up a "lever" to actuate the latch,that would complyt with tech at the tracks.I knew a guy a while back with a 67 Nova and he had theselevers near the glass that would pop the latch and it was NHRA aproved.......even ran 8 second 1/4's