Progress Thread She’s a runner

Not too much to report. Still working through the tune and making decent progress with the help of our resident tuner @a91what of course. I cant wait to see what it does on the dyno later this summer. It has a lot of power from what i can feel, even being a little light on the pedal while working out the tune and getting it broke in. I'm at about 120 miles on it. The clutch feels great, nice light pedal feel. Its a RAM clutch. So far i like the TKO-600 it shifts nice and seems to find the next gear with ease. Looks like we're gonna get 3-5" of snow here tonight so i wont get any miles on it till maybe friday.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Not too much to report. Still working through the tune and making decent progress with the help of our resident tuner @a91what of course. I cant wait to see what it does on the dyno later this summer. It has a lot of power from what i can feel, even being a little light on the pedal while working out the tune and getting it broke in. I'm at about 120 miles on it. The clutch feels great, nice light pedal feel. Its a RAM clutch. So far i like the TKO-600 it shifts nice and seems to find the next gear with ease. Looks like we're gonna get 3-5" of snow here tonight so i wont get any miles on it till maybe friday.
And here I was bitching because it’s likely gonna rain on Saturday...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Well things are going as expected. Had a terrible miss, swapped plugs as i did foul a few trying different tune. Still a miss, and not just at idle but you could hear it at all rpm. Check plugs, all but number 8 looked good. Dead coil. Amazon coils had their limits I guess. Anyway you know the routine, buy twice and maybe 3 times. I did throw a parts store coil on just to confirm while I waited for the msd street fire coils. Coils came today so I’ll get em on tomorrow.
On a side note the 5th gear on this tko is the higher ratio .64 something. Has to be higher than my t5. It’s pretty worthless below 60mph+ at 55 I’m around 1500 or so. The cam is like please get back into 4th LOL

Last edited:
  • Useful
Well things are going as expected. Had a terrible miss, swapped plugs as i did foul a few trying different tune. Still a miss, and not just at idle but you could hear it at all rpm. Check plugs, all but number 8 looked good. Dead coil. Amazon coils had their limits I guess. Anyway you know the routine, buy twice and maybe 3 times. I did throw a parts store coil on just to confirm while I waited for the msd street fire coils. Coils came today so I’ll get em on tomorrow.
On a side note the 5th gear on this tko is the higher ratio .64 something. Has to be higher than my t5. It’s pretty worthless below 60mph+ at 55 I’m around 1500 or so. The cam is like please get back into 4th LOL
I did the research. The only coils you are gonna get that aren't junk are gonna cost you. To this day, I have a set of d585 gm coils purchased from Amazon that I opted not to use after reading stories everywhere about doa, and short lived coils that out there. ( something about epoxy color) white epoxy is the desired binder when opting for these coils, and the price goes from like under a hundred for 8 black epoxy coils, to 50.00 ea.for the white versions.
I'll have to go see what I did with the GM coils when I decided to use the 70.00 ea IGN 1a coils that are currently on the Monster.
Maybe they're down there, maybe I sold them, maybe I sent them bitches back.

@CarMichael Angelo I was about to get the GM ones from Amazon and also saw those reviews and immediately thought they must be clones or just seconds from GM. I ended up with msd street fire coils. Still not sure about those either since msd has gotten a bad rap recently. I just read about the ign 1a coils earlier today.

So think I’m killing my alternator bearings with this big crank pulley. I’m starting to get some noise from them. Currently it has a 2” pulley I found one online that’s 2.72” hopefully that slows it down enough or I’ll have to have one made.

Ha,same deal with my TKO,with my old cam the car did NOT like under 2k rpm at all. Hopefully be better with the new setup,we'll see.

Nothing too much to report. Waiting for my hood to be done at the painter. Got a new truck. Really like it!!

Attachments

• 9A20E214-C7FB-40B4-9C3E-0142C93C0680.jpeg
    9A20E214-C7FB-40B4-9C3E-0142C93C0680.jpeg
    739.3 KB · Views: 69
I feel like this is some crafty stuff that belongs right here bc of this blower build you got going on. This thing sounds like a beast!
206EACE3-AF4A-4C4E-9FF9-4B7D90C91712.jpeg
I don’t know why someone would work that hard to make changing spark plugs nearly ( if not completely) impossible, and as hot as the air is coming out of a PD blower, adding the rising header heat to ensure that the thing heat soaks to about 300 degrees must make for some pretty scary IAT’s.

@CarMichael Angelo ya i agree! I struggle with IAT at times (until w/m kicks in) and my filter is in the fender. I also made sure when i remade the intake track that i could service just about anything without tearing it apart.
The best part about the truck is its mostly company paid. They did give me an extra 5k for my other truck when i traded it 5 months early, the leasing company matched carvana i assume they are well aware of the upside.

• Drool