she lives!

Project 77

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
Bernville PA
Well the Cobra is up and running. I got the flywheel to clear the starter, and the fuel pressure gauge in place. I got everything squared away and drove it, pulls nice, no more missing and hesitations, but I found something else i need to fix. When i puled out on the road it was all over the place, pulling right and left, so I put it back up on the jackstands and discovered the ball joints need replaced. previous owner replaced the lower ball joints and the A arm bushings but never replaced the upper ball joints on either side, and those are the ones that are bad. I put a set of pony wheels on to see if the low profile tires had anything to do with it, and that seemed to straighten some of it out, but the inside of the wheel was hitting the tops of the A arms when i would brake. I put a small spacer behind the wheel and got it home, she's up on the jackstands now and tomorrow i'll get new balljoint in the front and a new alignment. another question...My distributor has a brass gear on it, do I need a billit gear for the roller motor cam?

• Sponsors (?)