Shelby GT500 vs Monaro VXR in the UK

• Sponsors (?)

EXCUSE THE MIXUP

Holden and Vauxhall are often confused by me. Much respect to the Vauxhall in the article...I love the Monero and feel sorry that the GTO butchered it's name... With that said, everyone should look at the article on the stangnet home page about the GT500 anniversary edition....wow..gorgeous

Mach1man22 said:
HOLD EVERYTHING!!
EVERYONE NEEDS TO HOLD THEIR WATER....before any GT500 criticism comes about....I am very excited to see how narly the 2007 anniversary edition will be to this car..... Holden will be put on hold....meh...lol
check it out....http://www.stangnet.com/Mustang-Aft...-40th-Anniversary-Special-Edition-061103.html :hail2:

The only thing I see there is a claim of more power but no detail and everything else adds even more weight - additional splitter, additional vents, additional mirror covers, bigger sway bars and bigger, albeit optional, 20" wheels, a light bar on the vert, extra gauges. And gee, it's lowered like it should have been to start with. So it will need more power to drag even mopre weight along. Given that Ford dealers think a stock GT500 is worth more than a solid gold efigy of the car, god only knows what they'll mark this up at.

So I'm not overly excited by this car. When they produce a stripped out version aimed at performance not some chocolate box confectionery, I'll come back for another look.

Shame really. Ford Eyurope took the once renowned Ghia badge and turned it into a Ford top of the range derivative which now means nothing. Looks like they're taking the Shelby name the same way.