>something like this in a relatively low production volume? What would
>something like this cost?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Marc A. Anderson
>

Marc,
Yes, that is something we can do. We would need a hood to build a plug for the mold. We would then make a mold. Mold and plug represent several thousand from beginning to being ready to pull pieces. Pieces would be 2-3 hundred each. Let me know. Thanks for the enquiry.
later,
Bob Bennett
Bennett Coachworks LLC
www.hotrodbuilders.com
414-298-2068

>Bob,
>I'm putting the group together now; if I can finalize that in a week or
>so what kind of timeframe would we be looking at?
>
>Marc A. Anderson
>

Marc,
You would need to get a hood and it would help if we had an example of an original 67 Shelby hood scoop to copy dimensions from. It will likely take in the area of 2 weeks of actual labor time to develop the plug and pull a mold. Is this something you envision being able to sell many of, or is this a limited one time deal? It makes a difference on how well the mold is engineered and produced. Pulling parts is simple once the mold is complete.
We only do hand lay up here, no chopper gun. Better strength with less materials used. It would fit in our schedule 1 to 2 months out. That would give you time to procure the parts and sell the run.
Talk to you later.

Bob

Note: i am procurring the hood for modeling - unless someone has one they'd like to donate????

Note: i will have them make the mold for an extended production run.

At 08:43 AM 4/5/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>Bob,
>Sorry - another couple of questions for you:
>1) can you paint the hoods in stock ford colors? How much more would
>that be? (I think I want to get mine striped like the photo - others
>might want just plain).
>2) do you know how much shipping a hood to east/west coast might be?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Marc A. Anderson
Marc,

We can paint anything. Cost would depend on color, example;some reds are 2x's more than any other color. Stripes are extra. If I had to hazard a guess I would guess that to prep/ paint/ wet sand and polish we would be looking at 7 to 8 hundred with materials. Add at least a couple of hundred to stripe.
For shipping info contact Rick Blaha at Pak-Rite shipping here in Milwaukee for a quote. Tell him it is for something Bennett Coach is doing for you and you should get a good quote.
Later,
Bob

Note: i will talk to rick about potential shipping costs to east and west coasts and post them later. i just talked to a place in atlanta about buying a stock hood from them, and they quoted me $115 to ship to milwaukee.
if you want to have Bennett paint your hood you will be responsible for arranging that directly with them.

• Sponsors (?)