shelby sequencial tail lights PLEASE HELP

M-317

Jul 7, 2007
ALright I confess I don't really have a shelby but I do have 67 cougar with the same sequencial set up as the old shelby's, right now what I need to do is make the car to where the blinkers DO NOT sequence I bought the LED conversion kit which comes with a computer opperated sequencer rather than a mechanical. when I have the turn signal left I want all 3 lights to light up at the same time same thing with the right side. I must do this first before I install the sequencing device. Wire colors would be nice to know... I do know the main power wire but that about it, if anyone has done this great please help.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,

The 67-68 Courgar Sequentials are roughly the same as the 65-66 T-Bird, which is a nightmare at best. Quite complicated, full of relays, motors, and wire. It is a monsterous job to try to convert, due to the complexity of the wiring. Have you checked on the Cougar forums?

I am the SAAC "Go-To" guy for all Shelby Sequential stuff, and know what you are facing. Try to fix the car's system. Info and parts are out there.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions. List 'em!

Yea chepsk8 it's a real nightmare I got intouch with the creator of this conversion and told him the trouble I was having, we wound up talking on phone for about an hour while I was checking wires and telling him what I was doing, when I told that it would be easier to just e-mail him a wiring diagram seen is how my 67 coog is identical to the schematic. He e-mail me back telling me he figured everything out and custom made me a new flasher that would go in trunk rather than under the dash and he also told me that this "NEW" flasher he made for me would have everything built so that when I went to install it I wouldn't have to do "that much" modifications he also took the wiring diagram and marked it up so that I know what goes where. He did it all free of charge all I have to is send the other flasher back. I will keep you posted on my progress and if you PM me your e-mail so I can e-mail you the marked up schematic for future reference.

Oh yea Stangdreamin' if you know someone can help me with my prob feel free to blow the horn (no pun intended), I'll take help where ever I can get it.:nice:

Well, I'm curious as well! I'm subscribing to both this thread and the one on MCN; because "one of these days" I'll be trying to figure out if the "67-69" LED kits could be made to fit on my '73 XR-7. I helped the PO work out some grounding issues on the taillights when he first got the car; but it still acts up now and then. Between that and my desire for better lighting back there, I'm going to be working on it.

On a related thought: Hey Dan - didn't you design a sequential kit like this for the Shelby crowd? I'm looking at all options, and I'm certainly not afraid of soldering on PC boards; was a Land Mobile Radio/Repeater technician for a few years, then repair and reman of controller boards for electric hospital beds and "Nurse Call" systems before I got into this telephone/broadband/networking gig.

Yes i did, and I've both told you to let me know when you need the kit, and need ME to fix your poor kitty.

Gawd, do I know the wiring on these cars. I have some sheets i could mail ya!

As for the 67 Cougar, I have the factory trouble-shooting manual, black & orangee cover.

I ain't the SAAC Sequential guy fer nuttin'!!!!!!

Well, mine doesn't have the old "dynamite sticks" like I first thought - she's about 5-6 years too new for them. But the plastic-bagged "relay rack" has spent a lot of years sitting down in that well between the rusty quarter/outer wheelhouse and the rusty trunk drop-off; so I'm thinking something solid-state and sealed in a new case would probably help tremendously!

Yes i did, and I've both told you to let me know when you need the kit, and need ME to fix your poor kitty.

Gawd, do I know the wiring on these cars. I have some sheets i could mail ya!

As for the 67 Cougar, I have the factory trouble-shooting manual, black & orangee cover.

I ain't the SAAC Sequential guy fer nuttin'!!!!!!

You'll be the first guy I call when I'm ready to sequential sally's tail..................:D :nice: