shelby wheel flares?

• Sponsors (?)

DarkBuddha said:
Stock street versions of the '65-'66 Shelbys do not have fender flairs. However, the GT350R (race) version did. You're probably thinking of those versions.

As for a source for flairs, I don't have any experience with Unlimited Products (UP22), but I hear good things about Maier Racing .

From all the pictures I have of the 65 R models they do not seem to have flares, rather the wheel openings have been radiused. If they are flared it is minimal and what could be accomplished with body tools but they don't seem to really be flared.

Ronstang said:
From all the pictures I have of the 65 R models they do not seem to have flares, rather the wheel openings have been radiused. If they are flared it is minimal and what could be accomplished with body tools but they don't seem to really be flared.
I stand corrected. :owned: I actually started looking at pics and found exactly what you indicated. Original R models did not have flairs stock either. I did find a couple vintage race photos with flaired early Shelbys, but obviously they are not stock.

Still, I think the right flair looks hot on vintange Mustangs. :nice:

Dallas Mustang uses a new style steel fender flare on their Terlingua. It is very subtle.

trt_001_exhaust-L.jpg

Unfortunately, they do not list these items in their catalog.