Short throw shifter, What do you guys have?

• Sponsors (?)

pro 5.0 power tower with the race handle cut down 1.5 " off the top and almost 1" off the bottom. redrilled new mounting holes. now the shifter sits barely 3" out of console and when in 2nd gear the handle is almost straight up and down. i never miss 3rd now, and i have modified a few handles for friends. only works for years upto 93.

UPR base, swapped over to a Tri-Ax handle... every 'Stang I've driven, other than mine, has had a Tri-Ax or a Pro5.0, and while I can't say either is "better," I didn't have any problems with either brand.

Whenever I get a new transmission, one of those two will go in too.

I've drove 3 different ones (Tri-ax, Pro 5.0, and the Ripper)...I prefer the Pro 5.0:nice:

Has anybody with the MGW actually tried the other shifters (for a prolonged time period)...I would like an unbias opinion...

5spd GT said:
I've drove 3 different ones (Tri-ax, Pro 5.0, and the Ripper)...I prefer the Pro 5.0:nice:

Has anybody with the MGW actually tried the other shifters (for a prolonged time period)...I would like an unbias opinion...

My cusion has the B&M ripper in his car, I had to drive it for a straight week. The B&M is a good shifter but the MGW feels a lot more positive, he even felt the same way. Haven't missed 3rd yet and I haven't even adjusted the stops.