Short throw shifter with aluminum driveshaft???

• Sponsors (?)

I may be wrong, but I cannot think of any reason that a driveshaft would be affected in any way by what kind of shifter you have. They are not close enough together to have any clearance issues. I think pretty much everyone that has an aluminum driveshaft had replaced the shifter as well. The factory shifter is definitely one of the parts ford did not do a good job with.

I think having an aluminum driveshaft may affect the install of short throw shifter, not the other way around. When your putting in the new shifter, you have to reach up and around the driveshaft quite a bit. If the aluminum driveshaft is thicker than stock, you may have some difficulty accessing the bolts to the shifter, during the install. That is the only conflict I can think of. So.. if you have the hurst already installed, no problem there.

The BMR loop interferes with just about any shifter. But, you can make a spacer between the loop and the mount to solve that, or purchase a different loop.

The driveshaft itself and the shifter will not interfere with each other.

The BMR loop interferes with just about any shifter. But, you can make a spacer between the loop and the mount to solve that, or purchase a different loop.

The driveshaft itself and the shifter will not interfere with each other.

So you shouldn't have a problem installing a shifter and safety loop(other than BMR) later on if you already have a 4" aluminum driveshaft?

I already have the spydershaft but am thinking about a shifter in the near future and maybe a safety loop if I ever take this thing to the track.