Short throw shifters?

• Sponsors (?)

sunburstgold said:
I have the hurts one it was on the car when i bought it and its a piece i've got an MGW on the way to bad they are back ordered but i guess that tells u something.

The first time I called to order an MGW it was on backorder. They said they couldnt keep them on the shelves, and now I see why.

BurningRubber said:
The first time I called to order an MGW it was on backorder. They said they couldnt keep them on the shelves, and now I see why.
Yea, thats starting to upset me. Never told me it was on back-order until i ordered it. I ordered it on the 14th and everytime i call they tell me their waiting on the bases for the t5/t45 shifters to come in. Last time i called, they said they would be sent out Monday (today) for sure. Yet still, nothing. I almost wanna call and cancel and go with a tri-ax. Waiting 2 weeks fr it to be shipped is really ridiculous :mad:

HoustonGT said:
Yea, thats starting to upset me. Never told me it was on back-order until i ordered it. I ordered it on the 14th and everytime i call they tell me their waiting on the bases for the t5/t45 shifters to come in. Last time i called, they said they would be sent out Monday (today) for sure. Yet still, nothing. I almost wanna call and cancel and go with a tri-ax. Waiting 2 weeks fr it to be shipped is really ridiculous :mad:

Use your stock shifter for now and just wait it out, I assure you the patience will be worth it!

My sister has the pro 5.0 in her 04 GT stang. Its a real nice shifter, very solid shifts, and I like the 'click' feel you get when you put it in gear. Now, what I HATE about it...waaaaay too far from the driver, like its made for gorillas. Me...i'm short and fat and i'm not gifted with long arms, so that enjoyable cruise would become a back spasm after a couple mins of driving. I also can't stand that fact that, for some reason, when gear-jamming, I can never hit 3rd, always get stuck between neutral and god only knows where.
As for my stock shifter in my 04 GT, i'll stick to it, hit every gear every time, I just can't bang the gears...don't wanna bend those forks. I'll probably give into the MGW fad when work picks up a little and I make some extra cash.

HoustonGT said:

Heres my story... I called MGW and wanted to order their shifter asap. They didnt have it, so I called UPR and ordered their Blu Thunder. They said itd be at my house in 2-3 days. Well, 4 or 5 days passed... so I called them and they didnt bother to let me know they were on backorder. So they say itll be to me within a week. Well, a week goes by and I called back cause it hadnt shown up. They STILL didnt have them in, and it would be "another week, or more" untill it was SHIPPED. I said, ok... seeya later and cancelled my order. By this time MGW was stocked and they sent me a shifter in 2 days. I was happy and I almost didnt want to install the shifter on the car because it looks so damn good and the quality is insane.

My UPR Blu-Thunder shifter is decent. It's loosened up quite a bit since I've bought it though... Basically it's like what the stock shifter should have been - all around decent and pretty short shifts with good feel. My friend has a pro 5.0, it's great. The shifts are insane short, very stiff though. Might be a little annoying for everyday driving with the reach. I haven't had a chance to try out an MGW yet...I would buy one but I hardly (if) ever miss a gear at the track even with powershifts.

I have pro ripper short trow shifter and I can't be happier,nice solid shifts real hard to miss gear when shifting,whit my stock shifter I miss third gear weary often when racing, after instilling the ripper never happened again,weary quick and easy shifts.

My take on the whole aftermarket shifter thing is like this.

If you can drive well, dont miss shifts, and dont slam the stock shifter incredibly hard (like bending shift forks hard) then dont spend the money on an aftermarket shifter.

If you have trouble and hate the looseness of the stock shifter and want something smooth and tight, miss a few gears, or LOVE to slam the shifts, get an aftermarket shifter.

BurningRubber said:
My take on the whole aftermarket shifter thing is like this.

If you can drive well, dont miss shifts, and dont slam the stock shifter incredibly hard (like bending shift forks hard) then dont spend the money on an aftermarket shifter.

If you have trouble and hate the looseness of the stock shifter and want something smooth and tight, miss a few gears, or LOVE to slam the shifts, get an aftermarket shifter.

+1 what you said,I consider my self weary good or I can even say excellent stick shift driver I learn how to drive car whit stick shift, I was driving since I was 12 back in Europe (I live in the country side) any way.........,If you want solid shifts every time GET AFTERMARKET SHIFTER bottom line,stock shifter is just......a shifter,long trow, soft, sloppy, weary easy to miss a shift when racing.
So I have to say if you drive your car hard and have fun on the track,once again get the aftermarket shifter.