Shortening my dipstick tube

LarsD

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2002
Texas
I got my long tubes installed on my LX, but I'm having hell getting the silly dipstick back in. I think I can get it in if I cut the tube down after the collet that secures it to the pan. Which will expose more of the stick once it is inside the pan. This won't change the depth that the stick sits at though. I'd just cut it, but I always tend to over think things before I start hacking up metal. Am I over thinking this?

• Sponsors (?)

About 2 inches total (I've already cut about an inch). There is a bend from the manufacture that is fighting me.

Like here:

9ggj6s.jpg

I guess what I'm worried about is it wiggling around in there and making contact with the crank. Probably a silly notion, but since I didn't put the motor together idk what's in there.

Attachments

• 9ggj6s.jpg
    9ggj6s.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 128
Silly tube. I cut it, still couldn't get it in, bent it a bit, realized I bent it in the wrong direction, bent it again. Then finally was able to wiggle it in. Ugh. I average about 3 free hours a week to work on my stuff and I spent four tonight and didn't get half the work done I did last weekend. :p