Should I buy a tweecer?

Well like the title says, would a tweecer be worth it?
1994 GT 351 swap. AODE. somewhere down the line i do want to do a T5 swap from a donor 91, and i know there would be a problem with the computer mixing the air/fuel ratio at the AODE shift points. I could get a computer from another car, but if i understand right the tweecer can turn off the AODE functions? Would it be worth it, what else does it do?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm pretty sure the strategy is different than the 5spd. You would likely need to change it over. I'm not familiar with the AODE strategy though, so I'm not sure what the differences are.

It may be cheaper to buy a used computer and harness, but it would also be more work.

Using a twEECer with an AOD-E tranny is well worth it. With the twEECer you can change the shift points, add a redline, etc. With the economy the way it is currently you could probably pick up a twEECer for nothing. I know for our project the twEECer has been a life saver because of it's datalogging capability. We changed so many things and getting the car just to idle took mere minutes with the twEECer. We could have been chasing gremlins for days even weeks without it. Nowdays a tool like this is worth its weight (rather money). If you don't get a twEECer then look into a P.M.S., Megasquirt or getting the car running and take it for a dyno tune right away. Regardless after this swap any of these will be a need.

e9dd5a1b.jpg

1cf10c5b.jpg

Attachments

• 1cf10c5b.jpg
    1cf10c5b.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 108
I use the BE software with my twEECer. The software that comes with the twEECer is a bit outdated.

A Quarterhorse is cheaper and probably a bit better than a twEECer since it can datalog more data at the same time than the twEECer can and do the live tuning, but it is a bit more involved to install and to hook up a multi-tune switch if you wanted that.

I wouldn't give a plug nickel for a TwEECer but I'm a tuning dumbass. There are folks who have had great success with them but I ended up selling mine on Ebay and getting an Anderson PMS.

And I would pay $100 dollars to anybody that will let me smash a PMS with a baseball bat so I can youtube it.

Is that because the P.M.S. is easier to use by the general public? I had one on my 94Gt and it sure did help my 347 run great. I had an older style P.M.S. too (non Nitendo controller). For what I paid for it I was pleased with the performance.

PMSlocation.jpg

PMSat80MPH.jpg

Attachments

• PMSlocation.jpg
    PMSlocation.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 112
  • PMSat80MPH.jpg
    PMSat80MPH.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 101
Is that because the P.M.S. is easier to use by the general public? I had one on my 94Gt and it sure did help my 347 run great. I had an older style P.M.S. too (non Nitendo controller). For what I paid for it I was pleased with the performance.

I think it's becaues of this:

2002BLGT's Signature said:
SCT certified / Delta Force / Diablosport / Moates Tuner
Dynocom Loaded Chassis Dyno

His services are not required. :rlaugh:

Yeah, the PMS can't do half of what a Tweecer or Quarterhorse can do and costs 2-3 times as much! If it wasn't tied to the "Anderson Ford Motorsports" name it would probably cost half of what it does. I had a buddy with one and him nor I was impressed with it.

What I'd like to see is some hand held game consoles that could actually tune cars! Imagine using your PSP or hell, even a smart phone to tune your 'Stang! lol

I know it's not for tuning, but I think there's an iphone app that uses the built in accelerometer and gps and gives you performance data on your car like 0-60 and 1/4 mile times like the old GTECH.

The technology behind the PMS is outdated, offers less control than a simple chip and is WAY overpriced for what it offers.

PMS is $969 new and a Moates chip and burner and wideband would be about half of that , not to mention you have to run MSD ignition with the PMS , so add the price of ignition box and the wideband to the $969 , you will be over $1300 really quick

Timing is timing , and fuel is fuel , engine and car doesn't know the difference , so why would you want to do it a hack job way for double the price , or reprogram the FORD data to show the actual injector and MAF data for the injectors and MAF you are actually running