Should I Buy The 95 5.0 Or The 96 4.6?

iowabowhunter

Mar 24, 2004
Overall both cars are in the same condition, same mileage, both autos, within $200 of each other. My goal is to have a fun street car and it will most likely never be raced. I will be doing the work on these myself. Most mods will be very mild. No strokers or superchargers. I'd be willing to do a head and cam swap on the 5.0 but not the 4.6.

• Sponsors (?)

Get the 95....they are cheap now but its the last year they offered the real 5.0. It just might equal dollar signs down the road....especially with all us fox guys raping them for front spindles, hubs, and rear brakes. Eventually, the 94-95 mustang will be one of the super hard to find ones.

Get the 95....they are cheap now but its the last year they offered the real 5.0. It just might equal dollar signs down the road....especially with all us fox guys raping them for front spindles, hubs, and rear brakes. Eventually, the 94-95 mustang will be one of the super hard to find ones.

I kind of thought of that plus isn't the 5.0 more torquey then the 4.6 making it feel faster on the street?

Yup...plus's that 4.6 is the weakest of all the latter 4.6. Its got th worse heads.

The 5.0 performance market is still blooming....plus its a lot easier to work on. Something to keep in mind is that the 95 computer is more picky than the older ones. Make sure that the computer will play nice with whatever mods you do.

Yup...plus's that 4.6 is the weakest of all the latter 4.6. Its got th worse heads.

The 5.0 performance market is still blooming....plus its a lot easier to work on. Something to keep in mind is that the 95 computer is more picky than the older ones. Make sure that the computer will play nice with whatever mods you do.

Honestly I was just thinking a used GT40 intake, some gears, some decent heads and maybe a cam. I like the sound of a nice cam but it seems like alot of work to pull off the front dressing just to have a nice sound. I would probably try to pick up all the pieces used except the gears