Should I Buy This Car....

Spagooo

Aug 29, 2015
I am looking into purchasing a 67 convertible that is out of state. I'm going to fly out and take a closer look at it but would like any input you might have. Questions I should ask the seller, things to look for, etc. I've got them down to $23,000 right now,which sounds like a good deal but having been away from classic cars for 15 years I'm just looking to be swayed in one direction or the other. Thank you in advance.

Used 1967 Ford Mustang for sale

• Sponsors (?)

I couldn't get the link to open but , open the trunk and look at the quarters from the inside .they could have been repaired from the out side but very few fix the inside so it is a dead giveaway .Look at the trunk floors for buckling and kinks ,a sign of rear end damage .Look at the rear frame rails just above the rear end for kinks in the rail ,also a sign of rear end damage . look the lower doors and rear quarters over for blisters ,a sign of hidden rot . Check under the floors for rust holes and shoddy floor repairs . Look up under the dash ...bring a flash light ,for holes in the lower cowl and rusty water stains that may mean a rusty cowl .Drive it and make sure it shifts correctly and the motor doesn't smoke or make odd noises like rattles or knocks .Check the steering for play while driving .You should also check the steering while it is sitting still for slop or worn tie rod ends or a bad idler arm ..Being a convertible ,make sure the door gaps are not tight at the top and wide at the bottom next to the quarters ,a sign the rockers may be bowed from a wreck or just from rot .ask questions about any thing that doesnt look like it should .