Mach 1 should I buy this MACH 1?

automobeel

Aug 26, 2004
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum. I wanted to get a 2005 Mustang GT until I realized that I hated the way it looked, so I was thinking of buying this used Mach 1 I found at a dealership. The car's got about 10000 miles on it and the dealer's trying to get it out for 20995. I got an Oasis report on it and came up with the information below. What is the general price I should try to get it for? There are some interior mods on the car (Hurst shift knob or whatever it is) here's a pic of it:

mach1_1.jpg

I'm a girl and new to Mustangs, so I'll need some help if y'all could supply some. Any information before Saturday could be really helpful.

BUILD DATE
01/03/2003

SALE MILEAGE

REPAIR HISTORY
07/06/2004
DEALER: Ford of Fairfield
WARRANTY CLAIM NUMBER: 026234
TAPE STRIPE KIT (2); HOOD -- SPRAY PANEL REPAIR
**PAINT CONCERN ON HOOD VERIFIED CONCERN, REPAIRED AND REFINISHED

11/17/2003
DEALER: Ford of Fairfield
WARRANTY CLAIM NUMBER: 018734
SEAL-DOOR OPNG UPPER -- FAILED GASKET/SEAL
**REAR GLASS SEAL COMING OFF VERIFIED CONCERN, RESEALED

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not a Mach 1 owner but I stopped at the dealership this morning and they are trying to sell a 2003 Mach 1 with 11,xxx miles on it for $23,995. I'd say that it a good deal for that car. Take care of it as Machs are only going to increase in value.

That sounds like a pretty good deal, if that is what they are asking then you may even be able to get them down some more.

You can go to the Mach1 Registry and see if the car is listed there and get some info about it or maybe find the owner from their forum. http://www.mach1registry.com/owners/

If the Dealer could get you the previous owners name and # you could call them and see what has been done to it and why they got rid of it.

From the pic it looks like it has some interior billet additions and the hurst shift lever may even be hooked to a Tri-Ax, Pro 5.0 or another aftermarket shifter.

The car was put into service in March of '03 so you'll have until March of '06 or 26k more miles of warranty left. The items on the Oasis report are normal Mach complaints too.

Good luck! :nice: