Should I buy this motor???

• Sponsors (?)

And another question, can I use the explorer TB? I heard it is a 65 mm

65mm or so i believe. it'll work, just gotta do a few little mods to it because of the arm being clocked at a diff position, and maybe the TPS? read this:

http://tmossporting.com/tabid/1671/Default.aspx

seems to me like a better deal than buying one brand new. i've got mine sitting in my room but i havent taken the time to mess with it yet.

Also, i've heard the orange 19lb injectors I have off the 97 explorer motor i bought will work. I've "heard" these are more efficient because of the 4 hole design or somethin?? not too sure on that, but somethin to look into i guess. Any ideas how much is a reasonable price for the set of 8 if i sold em?? :shrug:

Hey Beast,

I'd help you pull that motor, but I'm now officially a resident of Texas. I moved down here two days ago and started my new job today. I did however get that 75 shot installed on the Lex before I headed down here. It's a very nice addition I must say.

Hey Beast,

I'd help you pull that motor, but I'm now officially a resident of Texas. I moved down here two days ago and started my new job today. I did however get that 75 shot installed on the Lex before I headed down here. It's a very nice addition I must say.

You lucky son of a bitch!! I was drooling over the damn thing the whole time I was there lol.

The yard is pulling it for me, even though I told them I'd pull it, some gay policy...

So I am definately going to pick up that 351 soon then I guess. The guy is pretty cool too. He's a Delta mechanic and has several project cars with a big warehouse behind his hous with 7 cars in it and a bunch more parts cars on the outside. One of his cars is a badass 69 fastback Mach clone, with a 427, thing is sick, and I usually don't like the color he chose(baby blue) but it is hot ****!!

Well I got there this morning, went and checked it out, its all good, except for the fa t it WASN"T ready to pull. I paid the 400plus tax= 432 and the guy said go get some breakfast and come back and it'll be ready. I come back and the guy is cuttin the header off with a sawzall and said it'll be tonight by the time it is done. Well Now I am gonna pick it up tuesday. I'll keep you guys pdated.

K well I am off to pick up some tires. But I just thought I would mention that I saw a red 5.0 GT in U.S. Marshalls, I know we always have those threads bout 5.0's in movies.

haha! i was just thinking about one of those threads cause i saw a green 4eye GT in the movie species!!

the junkyard let me rip apart the explorer motor right there. they said i could take as long as i wanted and take whatever i wanted. it toook me FOREVER to get the driver side header off!!! once i got it off they're like "it woulda been easier to just ask for our saw" :rolleyes:

Do you guys know if I can use the MAF on the explorer? Is it worth anything? I got a 70 mm TB yesterday courtesy of 88GTStreetrod so I don't need the explorer tb, anyone wants it they can have it.

BTW steve thanks alot again and I fixed the sticking problem, all I did was adjust the little blade stop screw so it didn't close as much and it doesn't stick at all, it was just closing too much before.

I want to get a MAF to match the TB so if the explorer isn't a 70 mm I'll just get one off a sn95 5.0.

Thanks for any help guys.

im gonna try and make it to the heezy, were bringin the notch as well, you dont have to cut it, I have a elbow from a exploder that I snagged the intake off of and it bolts up fine with the throttle cable hooked up, but I hear the tb is different on the exploders. we will see!