Engine Should i change my intake manifold

Chad91gt

Mar 2, 2017
my 93 mustang has the following. Full exhaust with shorties and no cats with x pipe. CAI. PP throttle body. Edlebrock heads l. E303 cam ( I believe) UD pulleys elec fan with sve aluminum rad and I believe it's a typhoon upper and lower manifold. I have mix feelings about the manifold. I feel like I should have more power and I have also read some reviews on it . Not impressed . Is it worth changing the manifold since I have pretty much every mod that would make potential horse power ? Also if I do qhxih manifold would be best . ? Keep in mind I eventually want to super charge it.. any comments

Attachments

• 20180705_183314.jpg
    20180705_183314.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 208
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't think changing the manifold will help much. The Typhoon flows about the same as your heads. That combo should make 280-290 HP at the wheels. Have you had it dynoed?

The guy before me had. It's about 280hp to wheels. Is there anything else i can do before I super charge it to get more power . Roller rockers? Not sure if they came on the heads

You should have roller rockers.

Better heads will get you a little more power, but some of the strongest H/C/I street combos on a stock 302 only get around 320hp at the wheels. I don't think it would be worth pulling your combo apart for maybe 40 hp. The supercharger is best bang for the buck at this point.

I just noticed its juat the upper intake typhoon. The lower is stock . Should i just replace it with a better one . I'm just guessing in the cam . I know it has one justnotsure which

I just noticed its juat the upper intake typhoon. The lower is stock . Should i just replace it with a better one . I'm just guessing in the cam . I know it has one justnotsure which

That intake wouldn't bolt down to a stock lower.. It has to have the matching lower to it installed but eitherway I wouldn't waste your time messing with it. If you need more power out of it then upgrade the top end with better or slap your choice of forced induction on it.