Should I get this?

9 Deuce GT

Dec 10, 2003
Geneva, NY
A guy at my work has a 351w for sale. It came out of an '80's van. It had 150,000 miles on it when he sent it to Jasper to be rebuilt. It now has 50,000 or so miles on it. The van was scraped because it was no longer legal to drive on the road, (got to love NY winter, more rust than you can stand). My question is should I buy this motor for a swap in my GT?

• Sponsors (?)

Would it scare you to know that it was already rebuilt by Jasper? I would think that they would be pretty reliable, but who knows. I would deffinatly disassemble some of it to check for wear, but I am also hoping to keep the stock internals for now and run it with the aftermarket parts in my sig, (changing the obvious like lower intake, etc.)

I am not really concerned about the later year block not being storng enough stuff. I have seen plenty of late block set ups that produced more hp than I will be making. I just want a nice street set up that I can build in future months/years, what ever it takes for me to get it running.

I went and checked it out today and it turns out to be a '74, which is better anyway. Probably from the Jasper exchange. It is complete with heads, oil pan, distributor, etc. The casting # is D4AE-6015-AA. Someone care to break the #'s down for me? I have already completed a search on the #'s, just want to be sure. Thanks.