SN95 Should I Install New

Meanstang73

Apr 22, 2016
I'm doing Gt40p swap on my 94 vert, should I go ahead and replace the push rods and lifters? just looking for some input. also what's the best way to get a custom tune I having trouble finding someone in my area.

• Sponsors (?)

I would replace them...
That being said-
Can you give more details about your car? Is the current motor set up stock? 5/speed or auto?
If its stock- although worthwhile and would maximize your set up, should run pretty good with the factory computer. This is the part I'll wait for others to chime in,as I'm not 100% on that, just in my situation mine runs ok with the stock ecu.
If you are doing gt40 heads,I'm assuming your swapping in the gt40 intake as well? Now would be a good time for a cam swap :)

Reactions: 1 user
it's all stock and yes gt40p intake is going in as well. it's an automatic I dropped it 1.5 all the way around riding on 18's. tubular upper and lower control arms. H pipe with no cats. I wanted to do a cam swap but have been reading that the computer is tough to deal with on the 94 and 95. I had a f303 and sold it do to this reason. I bought a intake elbow cause if I do a fox body set up in would have to modify the strut Tower bracket and with it being a convertible I want all the support I can get. So what do you recommend as far as I can throttle body and mass air?

I'm going to say it, against popular opinion. Your pushrods and lifters will be just fine with that set up. If you have decked the heads and added a Cam them your pushrod specs will need to be checked, but stock Cam you are good to go.

Reactions: 1 users
it's all stock and yes gt40p intake is going in as well. it's an automatic I dropped it 1.5 all the way around riding on 18's. tubular upper and lower control arms. H pipe with no cats. I wanted to do a cam swap but have been reading that the computer is tough to deal with on the 94 and 95. I had a f303 and sold it do to this reason. I bought a intake elbow cause if I do a fox body set up in would have to modify the strut Tower bracket and with it being a convertible I want all the support I can get. So what do you recommend as far as I can throttle body and mass air?
@stykthyn is more than likely right. lol.
As far as your mass air goes I'd use the stock one if you are keeping the 19lb injectors(which I would lol.)
And I believe the stock throttle body is a 70mm already-somebody will correct me if I'm wrong :D
I'd reuse it as well.
Are you using gt40 heads or gt40p heads?

His current maf and injectors will more than support the mods he wants. All things considered he should see 265-275sh whp with just head and intake swap. That's more than 50 over stock.

Reactions: 1 users
it depends

how many miles on the motor? if low miles and the pushrods are straight, I see no problem running them- especiallly when new Ford lifter have know QC problems with failing out of the box.

car has 200k on it but to look at the motor I'm not sure. very very clean internally or someone took real good care of it. To look at the car you wouldn't think it was a 200000 mile car. And I'm running the gt40p heads. with gt40p upper and lower. headers are for the gt40 p heads. aod and more then likly 4:10 gears. With 1.6 rockers. I'm doing away with a smog and egr. I picked up trick flow 70 mm elbow.

Lifters you'll probably be OK with what you have, from my experience all the modern inexpensive stock replacement lifters have quality issues anyway (the last set I bought needed a ton of deburring).Frpp/summit/tfs and I'm pretty sure even the low end comps are all sourced from the same vendor.

Push rods I would measure for, I ended up needing ones .050" longer for my gt40p setup with the tfs cam. A stock cam will be less likely to need new rods, but never hurts to make sure.