Should i move up to wolverine 1087?

95CobraMike

Apr 12, 2004
Lima OH
The cam i am running now....Wolverine 1190
212/222 493/510 112LCA

Wolverine 1087
222/232 @ .050", 112 LCA, 510/534 lift

I just got some new heads (World Windsor sr lites 64cc Chambers) and rockers... the RR's are now 1.6's

Do you think i can handle the valve lift?
is the only way to know for sure to actually buy it install it then do the clay thing?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

how do you mean drivability will suffer?

rather not go custom right now.. and Who knows....maybe if someone made me a custom cam the specs would be about the same as this one anyway? only diffrence being that no one told you they are the same but you pay $200 more :shrug: its totally possible... they dont tell u the specs till after you buy it, if at all.

From what i have heard this is the best off the shelf cam for blower applications... but who knows

the 1190 was pretty sweet the short time it was in there... could definatly feel a stronger pull in the 3-5.5k range...

95CobraMike said:
how do you mean drivability will suffer?

rather not go custom right now.. And who says that if someone made me a custom cam that the specs wouldnt be about the same anyway?
From what i have heard this is the best off the shelf cam for blower applications... but who knows

the 1190 was pretty sweet the short time it was in there... could definatly feel a stronger pull in the 3-5.5k range...

A custom cam goes WAYYY beyond those specs you read. A lot of guys go custom to get the driveability and power output. A good tune goes a long way for driveability also.

AFM has some good blower cams from what i hear i believe. Their price is close to a custom cam though. The one thing i love about Ed C. and his custom cams is that you can trade your old one in and get a new grind for $150. Pretty good deal in my opinion:shrug:

95CobraMike said:
thats not bad i guess.... so he'd take my wolverine 1190 and make a custom cam for me for $150? how long does that take?

No no no no no:nono: Not that easy. You gotta pay full price for the 1st cam...then u can trade the cam you bought from him back in later if u change your combo for $150.:p

ohhhhhhh i was like.....SWEET!!!! ok that makes sense now... well that wont help me out much i dont think...after this time of taking the engine apart i think i am done with go fast mods... 500 horses are enough.......i think :D