Fox Should I Open This?

Scott Murphy

Jan 31, 2016
Hey guys.
Found this in the spare wheel well when checking the spare not after I landed my 84 GT fox in Australia. Looks to be a factory bag attached to the wrench. The white paper says inside is for the assembly plant to install the decal jacking instructions and a tag to be attached to the wiper stalk. Perhaps my fox escaped into the wild without the factory completing the required checks etc. Anyone else found this before? I have no idea what is inside the brown bag, maybe some nuts? I know stuff like this would be great to keep for originality but not much use still in the bag unopened! Any ideas would be great. Cheers

Attachments

• 20160720_191632.jpg
    20160720_191632.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 20160720_191645.jpg
    20160720_191645.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey guys.
I have no idea what is inside the brown bag, maybe some nuts?
If this was found in a Delorean, I might have a decent guess....

The only value it might have beyond it's basic value would be for the concours guys (speaking of nuts!).

Post a couple pictures of your car, I'd like to see it.

To figure out what was in a Delorean wouldn't you have to drive 88 m.p.h. towards the clock tower, go back to the time it was built, watch them build the car, see what they put in the bag and then come back and tell us? Seems like a lot of work Dave....I would just open the bag.

Reactions: 1 user
To figure out what was in a Delorean wouldn't you have to drive 88 m.p.h. towards the clock tower, go back to the time it was built, watch them build the car, see what they put in the bag and then come back and tell us? Seems like a lot of work Dave....I would just open the bag.
Fine, do it your way then.

Here you go, couple of pics. Very happy how she has turned out so far. Pic there of what was in the bag. Four lock nuts and wheel balancers for when the nuts were put on by the factory. Apparently the factory were instructed to take four nuts off then replace with the four nuts as well as put balance weights opposite on the wheel. There is an envelope with a tag inside to keep in case the lock nut is lost. The lock nut key is attached to a cable attached to the wrench.

Attachments

• 20160716_140329.jpg
    20160716_140329.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 167
  • 20160721_190817.jpg
    20160721_190817.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 20160721_190352.jpg
    20160721_190352.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 159
  • FB_IMG_1469092374476.jpg
    FB_IMG_1469092374476.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 20160721_190756.jpg
    20160721_190756.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 20160715_090752.jpg
    20160715_090752.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 152
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks mate that means alot to me. She has 49k on the clock. Looking at the tell tale bits and pieces and the history i know of it seems correct. Given the spare and the wrench have never been touched helps too. The original TRX rims and dry rotted tyres were on it when i brought her in. Stuffed tread wise because they were driven for what looks to be a while with the rack end almost falling out! Few little things i need to fix up like getting the nose cone colour right and some detailing and i will be very happy. Goes well! Thanks for your interest mate. Whats yours?

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks mate that means alot to me. She has 49k on the clock. Looking at the tell tale bits and pieces and the history i know of it seems correct. Given the spare and the wrench have never been touched helps too. The original TRX rims and dry rotted tyres were on it when i brought her in. Stuffed tread wise because they were driven for what looks to be a while with the rack end almost falling out! Few little things i need to fix up like getting the nose cone colour right and some detailing and i will be very happy. Goes well! Thanks for your interest mate. Whats yours?
Yeah, those tires for original TRX's are just a little expensive, huh?

I have two, I have an '86 GT t-top that I'm a little past midway on restoring/modifying. This is my build thread on it, it's kind of long and windy with lots of trash talk.http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...ith-powder-pedal.888084/page-102#post-8984412

I just picked up an '83 t-top GLX coupe I found in a salvage yard recently while I was hunting parts. Here's a picture of it, not quite as nice as yours right now. This one will eventually have a coyote swap.
image.jpeg
I eventually start a build thread on this one. In a couple weeks I'm picking it up and am going to get it into driving status.

Ooooooo an 84! I had one of those. I miss it, it rusted out and returned back to the earth from whence it came.

Nice car man!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, those tires for original TRX's are just a little expensive, huh?

I have two, I have an '86 GT t-top that I'm a little past midway on restoring/modifying. This is my build thread on it, it's kind of long and windy with lots of trash talk.http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...ith-powder-pedal.888084/page-102#post-8984412

I just picked up an '83 t-top GLX coupe I found in a salvage yard recently while I was hunting parts. Here's a picture of it, not quite as nice as yours right now. This one will eventually have a coyote swap.
image.jpeg
I eventually start a build thread on this one. In a couple weeks I'm picking it up and am going to get it into driving status.
I had never until now seen a t top coupe like that, only hatches. Nice find and good to be different.

Wow you have put alot of work into your thread. Will be good to look back on thethe build and see how your mind worked during the process. Cool project that will keep you off the streets!

I had never until now seen a t top coupe like that, only hatches. Nice find and good to be different.

Wow you have put alot of work into your thread. Will be good to look back on thethe build and see how your mind worked during the process. Cool project that will keep you off the streets!

Only if he put's a turbocharger on it.

Reactions: 2 users