Should I replace Clutch Fork with 89K Miles?

Stangg338

Dec 17, 2019
Utah
Hey everyone, I'll be changing my clutch out soon because it's about that time, 89K on original stock clutch and it still grabs great but replacing it anyway. I'll be doing all tranny bearings (pilot, TOB), rear main seal, etc. My question is should I bother replacing the clutch fork? Or are the stock ones not problematic? Convince me or persuade me.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey everyone, I'll be changing my clutch out soon because it's about that time, 89K on original stock clutch and it still grabs great but replacing it anyway. I'll be doing all tranny bearings (pilot, TOB), rear main seal, etc. My question is should I bother replacing the clutch fork? Or are the stock ones not problematic? Convince me or persuade me.
if this were my car, I’d replace everything I could while I’m in there, (if I have the money) I wouldn’t say the stock ones are problematic, but I’d still replace while I’m that far in, just my thoughts on it. I wouldn’t really wanna have to go all the way back in there for something, unless it’s another clutch way down the line.

I probably would while I was there, but clutch forks traditionally aren’t a wear item. Give it a visual inspection and of you don’t see signs of bending, excessive abnormal wear and other defects, I would just reuse it, especially if there were no shifting issues prior to teardown

Reactions: 1 users