Should I sell my MSD 6al?

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys, this is not a for sale thread just a serious question. I have a brand new MSD 6al in the box, I got it a while ago because I thought I was going carb, but decided to stay EFI now. I am wondering if I should keep it or sell it. I will be making 500hp or close to it. I could definitely use the money on other stuff, but If I really will benefit from it I will keep it. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

definatly keep it.

when i had my vortech on the car, and started running 12-13 psi after i upgraded my heads and cam. the stock ignition couldnt even fire the engie at high RPM. after like 4k it would just cut out real bad, reducing the plug gap helped but didnt cure it.
put an ignition box on it and it cured the problem and made a huge difference in power. since i could actually rev the motor without hiccups.

not to mention you car will start easier and run alot smoother with a good ignition on it.

Sell the 6AL and get the 6AL-2 box, then you'll be able to have a 2 step launch rev limiter. I set mine up to only go on with the clutch down and then I'll press down a button and the launch control will be on until the clutch comes up. The only way to set it again is with the clutch down and after the button gets pressed down again.

Can I hook this up to the stock clutch switch that allows the engine to turn over? I never knew about this before, seems like a useful device.